Monday, September 05, 2005
Through falling leaves I pick my way slowly
Talking aloud - eases my mind
Sunlight filters through - I feel my head is drifting
So full of thoughts - I thought
What am I going to do?
I need some thoughts that are new
Nature - enter me
Wayne Mason, "Nature"

Yesterday, my outdoorsy, nature loving boyfriend dragged me out from my nice warm flat, under the guise that we were going to go for a leisurely stroll along the waterfront. Excellent! I thought. We'll be able to stop at Parade Cafe and have coffee and cake.

Oh, how wrong was I.

Turned out he wanted to do a frigging nature walk, up a rather steep bush-clad hill to a viewing platform that overlooked the water.

I am so not a nature person (I prefer to see "nature" from the comfort of my TV screen courtesy of the Discovery Channel). I whinged and moaned and bitched the entire way up. And whinged and moaned and bitched the entire way down.

I think I whinged and moaned and bitched enough that he'll never ask me on a nature walk again.

Excellent. My work is done.

Tart at 4:39 PM |

0 Comments: