Tuesday, September 06, 2005
This is an advance warning, this post is one long rant which will probably be incoherent shite. Feel free to hit that little red x at the top right of your screen (yep, that one) if it all gets a bit much.

I'm really struggling to not feel this resentment I have towards my sister (aka Mini-Tart). Tonight I found out that my parents (who are based overseas, approx 19000 kms or 12000 miles from where we live) are paying for Mini-Tart, her Boy-Tart and the three Tartlets to visit them, an all expenses return trip. (This will be the second all expenses paid trip that the've paid for in less than 2 years).

This is just another example of what I feel my sister 'gets' over what I 'get'. (Petty? Moi? Just a bit).

If Mini-Tart's washing machine breaks down? Guess who pays for a new one?

If Mini-Tart wants new outdoor furniture. Guess who buys it.

If the Tartlets want a new bike. Guess who gets it for them?

If Mini-Tart needs a new car. Guess who buys them one?

If Mini-Tart needs a new house. Guess who buys them one? (Yes, they bought her a fucking house!!)

I could go on, but the list is fairly long.

I really try not to feel resentful, but it is getting so difficult. I feel like a petulant child who is stamping her foot and demanding that she gets a toy too. I feel that she gets everything because she has a family, while it appears I get zip. Is it because I'm seen as independent and capable? Is it because I don't have kids?

Whatever it is, I just want a bloody treat now and again! *stamping foot*

Tart at 10:18 PM |

1 Comments:

At 5:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
That is why I dislike some mini-me! My Lil Sis who's almost your neighbor btw in the Asia Pacific side gets a regular stip-end from my mother. She's married have kids and is blessed with a healthy husband. So why does she gets 500 bucks a month from my mother? What does she do that I don't? Huh?! Maybe they should put my mother and your parents in a class or hypnosis to get them out of this rut! I totally understand your rant!