Wednesday, June 29, 2005
I have been thinking recently, about the number of romance books on my keeper shelf. For some reason, I thought that I had to have at least 50 books that are so great, so wonderful, that moved me in some way that I kept them on the 'I want to be buried with these books' shelf.

Imagine my surprise, when I did a quick count and found only 15. Yep. 15. How pathetic! I've been reading romance for about 20 years and only 15 books made it to the keeper shelf?

So, without further ado, here are the aforementioned books (in no particular order).

Lord of Scoundrels - Loretta Chase

Flowers from the Storm - Laura Kinsale

For My Lady's Heart - Laura Kinsale

Getting Rid of Bradley - Jenny Crusie

Something Wonderful - Judith McNaught

Heaven, Texas - Susan Elizabeth Phillips

Then Came You - Lisa Kleypas

After The Night - Linda Howard

Her Secret Thrill - Donna Kauffman

Knock Me Off My Feet - Susan Donovan

Wicked - Jill Barnett

All Through The Night - Connie Brockway

Saving Grace - Julie Garwood

Indiscreet - Alison Kent

By Design - Madeline Hunter

Interesting to note that out of the 15 mentioned, only 6 are contemporary romances. I am not a big historical romance reader (would read 4 or 5 contemps to 1 historical romance), yet 9 historical romances made my keeper list.

Tart at 10:32 PM |

0 Comments: