Wednesday, June 22, 2005
Kim: "I'll have a cardonnay, thanks"
Woman: "Do you mean Chardonnay?"
Kim: "No, cardonnary, it's French, the H is silent"
Brett "It's not cardonnay, Kim, it's chardonnay. Chardonnay"
Kim: "Oh alright, chardonnay! CHARDONNAY!! You pack of chunts!"

[Paraphrasing from Kath & Kim, Season 3].

I went to a wine tasting at the wine & spirit store across the street from my office tonight. I dragged along two girls from work, so I wouldn't look like a sad, lonely lush, swigging from my glass.

I like wine, I'm not terribly knowledgable about it, but I know what I like and, I can talk shit with the best of the wine wankers.

Tonight, whilst tasting Pinot Noir, Syrah, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Cabernet Merlot from some of the best up and coming vineyards, I used the following words, with a straight and earnest face.


  • Structure
  • Cloying
  • Full bodied
  • Floral
  • Herbacious
  • Depth
  • Flinty
  • Robust

I was tempted to ask for a taste of 'cardonnay'. I had no clue if the Peregrine Pinot Noir was flinty or not, but the wanker banker next to me seemed to agree. Ah wine wankiness at its best.


Tart at 9:56 PM |

0 Comments: