Friday, July 01, 2005
There's a list I have, a mental list, of those authors that others love, but I don't. I've tried and read several of their books, but I just can't see the appeal. I call them my 'meh' files...

My 'meh' authors:

  • Nora Roberts
  • Elizabeth Lowell
  • Jude Deveraux
  • Stephanie Laurens
  • Lori Foster
  • Christina Dodd
  • Elizabeth Beverley
  • Eloisa James
  • Celeste Bradley
  • Brenda Joyce
  • Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • Christine Feehan
  • Sandra Brown
  • Catherine Coulter
  • Danielle Steele
  • Angela Knight

I have another list, this time of authors who are on the verge of joining my 'meh' list... I used to love these authors, but have been disappointed with their recent offerings.

  • Jayne Ann Krentz
  • Judith McNaught
  • Rachel Gibson
  • Susan Andersen
  • Lisa Kleypas
  • Madeline Hunter
  • Julie Garwood
  • Laurell K Hamilton
  • Tami Hoag
  • Karen Robards
  • Linda Howard
  • Janet Evanovich

Gee, looking over the list. It's not going to be long until I list nearly every bloody top selling romance author. I obviously need to find some great, previously undiscovered mid-list author and hopefully read some new, interesting and wonderful novels.


Tart at 12:37 AM |

2 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Blogger Amanda said........
What do yoy think of plum skyes?
 


At 8:05 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Hey Amanda, I haven't read Plum Sykes, she wrote Bergdorf Blondes right? Do you recommend her? I like chick lit, but it has to have a heroine I like and can identify with (some are just moronic shoe whores with no personality :D)