Monday, October 10, 2005
Oh it's such a perfect day
I'm glad I spend it with you
oh such a perfect day
you just keep me hangin on
you just keep me hangin on
(Perfect Day, Lou Reed)



I think Sundays are my favourite day of the week.

I used to dislike Sundays immensely as I always had the I-have-to-go-to-work-tomorrow blues.

But now, its the only day of the week where I really get to spend quality time with the boyfriend. (And its the only day of the week where I don't have to do any housework, so a double bonus!)

Yesterday was a perfect day. A perfect spring day, sunny, blue skies and no wind. I spent the morning reading the Sunday paper, drinking coffee and watching the boyfriend surfing, at a new cafe that's opened up at our local surf club. The cafe is really good. Serves excellent food and the coffee is brilliant. It was heaven to sit outside, sunglasses on (finally, a chance to wear my new big sunnies, and they're big, I'm talking cover my small face big LOL) and chill out.

I like watching the boyfriend surf too, he makes it look so easy! And he makes my mouth water when he walks out of the surf, unzips his wetsuit and pulls it down to his waist...whoa...LOL.

After we had brunch - me, scrambled eggs on toast and a cafe latte; him, bacon, sausages, hashbrowns, poached eggs, toast, fried tomatoes and a large flat white - we decided to go for a drive along the coast and then we stopped off for ice cream and people watching along Oriental Parade.

I wanted to go check out Cool Brittania and buy some of my favourite and much missed sweets and crisps from England (I bought two packets of Walkers Cheese & Onion crisps, two packets of Minstrels, a bar of Galaxy chocolate and a packet of Hob Nobs - me so happy! Then I saw how much it cost, $24 - me not so happy).

Then, because I was still in a spending money mode, we went to the supermarket and bought some cheese, pate, a baguette, some red wine and grapes and drove back around the coast to our favourite beach, to eat our picnic and watch the sunset. It was so lovely. Just the two of us on this stretch of beach, watching the last fingers of the sun disappear behind the horizon.

A perfect day, finished with a perfect moment, a kiss to my neck and a whispered "I love you" in the ear. Sigh.


Tart at 1:13 PM |

0 Comments: