Thursday, September 29, 2005
I love the 80s. It was the decade of my teenage years (well, I turned 13 in 87, so really I only spent 3 years of the 80s in my teens, but anyway...)

I've been thinking about 80s music today. And of the best 80s music videos. I've compiled a list ('cos you know, I'm a list orientated type of person) of my favourite videos, the ones that I think are classic.

Tart's Top Ten 80s Music Videos

10. Flock of Seagulls, "I Ran"
Who can forget the mirrors, the jerky and wobbly spinning stage, the bad hair?

9. Cyndi Lauper, "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"
How freaking cool is Cyndi Lauper. Kooky and fun video too.

8. Wham, "Jitterbug"
Oh man, I lurved George Michael in this video. And everyone had those Choose Life t-shirts after this. I did. Mine was baby blue. I still have it.

7. Eurythmics, "Sweet Dreams"
Weird and wonderful. Annie Lennox in a suit and Dave Stewart playing a cello in a field.

6. Bon Jovi, "Livin' on a Prayer"
It's all about the hair, baby!

5. Dire Straits, "Money for Nothing"
One of the first videos (I think) to use computer animation.

4. Madonna, "Material Girl"
Kind of summed up the materialistic 80s.

3. Duran Duran, "Hungry like the Wolf"
It was a tie between this one and "Girls on Film" but this video won out due to its outright sexiness and style.

2. Michael Jackson, "Thriller"
The first of its kind to introduce a longer story-like video.

And, my number one 80s music video is...

1. Aha, "Take on Me"
The coolest animated video ever. Unique, simple and really well made.

Tart at 11:12 AM |

0 Comments: