Monday, January 09, 2006
Well, that's one holiday over and done with.

All my careful plans disintegrated the minute we left the city. So, no, I didn't visit the boyfriends parents (my bad) and no, we didn't get to Byron Bay either (bummer).

So what exactly did I do these past 17 days?
  • Read 3 months of Woman's Day magazine back copies
  • Ate 22 chocolate mint truffles (hand made by moi)
  • Drank 2 bottles of vodka, 3 bottles of Jacob's Creek Sparkling Rose, 4 bottles of Lindauer, 6 bottles of Crown Lager, 3 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc and a litre of Diet Sprite (not all at once mind you, I'd be dead if I had LOL)
  • Finished an entire book of Sudoku puzzles
  • Didn't use a hairdryer or wear makeup (except for Christmas Day and New Year's Eve)
  • Went surfing and only wiped out 8 out of every 10 times
  • Ate every meal outside
  • Took my 15-month old nephew for a walk to town and went shoe shopping. I think I have converted the youngest person I know to the wonder that is new shoes!
  • Listened to the same CD continuously for 9 days and wasn't sick of it (Fat Freddy's Drop, Based on a True Story)
  • Went swimming at three beaches, a river and two lakes
  • Saw three movies, (good, passable, dire) and four DVDs (drivel, boring, pointless, hilarious)
  • Went to the local farmers market and spent $55 on cheese, cake and olives
  • Laughed until tears were running down my face
  • Watched old home movies from when I was a kid (I was chubby and clumsy and seemed to like to do gymnastics and/or star jumps a lot LOL)

And a whole lot of other stuff.

Now it's back to work, which I am actually looking forward too. Probably due to the fact that my boss emailed me saying I still have 14 days annual leave owing and perhaps I'd like to take more time off soon?

Byron Bay, here we come.


Tart at 3:23 PM |

0 Comments: