Wednesday, December 21, 2005
I am not really into the Christmas spirit at the moment (unless you count vodka sea breezes). I just want this week to be over and the holidays to begin. My office is closed until the 9th Jan, so I'll get a fairly decent break, and I'll be traipsing all over the country - both islands and even a jaunt across the Tasman to Bryon Bay.

Because I've been feeling a bit "bah-humbug", I thought I should think of all the things that I love about this time of year...

  • That it doesn't get dark until after 9pm - I love sitting outside, in the evening sun having a nice glass of sauvignon blanc.
  • Going to the beach.
  • Pineapple Fru-ju's!
  • Great gigs/concerts that I want to see (The Feelers, UB40, Katchafire*, Big Day Out*, U2 & Kanye West*, Goldenhorse*, Phoenix Foundation, Fat Freddy's Drop*, The Datsuns, The D4, Che Fu, Rhombus, Sleater Kinney, Franz Ferdinand*, Blindspott and others...)
  • No school kids on the bus! Now that it's school holidays until mid February, there's actually seats on the bus. Wow. Luxury.
  • Wrapping presents. Yes, I'm one of those people who loves to wrap Christmas pressies.
  • Getting a tan. I know, I know, not good for you (especially as NZ has one of the highest rates of skin cancer in the world) but I just like the look of tanned skin. I look healthy, and slimmer LOL.
  • Relaxing and doing nothing more strenuous than lying in the sun and reading.
  • Wearing jandals (flip flops) everyday.
  • Summer parties that start with a few friends dropping by for a quick drink and end up with great music, loads of people, food and drink.

You know, I do feel slightly better. Roll on Friday!

*Have my tickets to these gigs, so am looking forward to good bloody concerts.

Tart at 9:48 AM |

0 Comments: