Thursday, March 16, 2006
For the past few days I’ve been staying at my boyfriends flat due to some incompetent builders renovating the flat upstairs from mine and turning off my electricity and water. Fucktards.

Anyway, I’ve noticed a few things about my boyfriend that I never had before (yes, we’ve been seeing each other for nearly 2 years and yes, I’m rather obtuse and unobservant).


  • He puts his socks and shoes on in a weird order. He puts them on left sock, left shoe, right sock, right shoe, whereas I, the more INTELLIGENT one, put them on left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe

  • He hates being in bed alone while I am up and pottering around and will yell or even get up out of bed to ask that I come to bed now

  • He takes longer in the shower than I do

  • He has more pairs of trainers than months of the year (and he has the audacity to hassle me about how many pairs of shoes I have!)

  • He thinks I look sexy in glasses (and all this time I thought I looked like Brains from the TV show, Thunderbirds)

  • He spends more time watching the harbour/water out of his lounge window than he does the television

  • He listens to far too much Ani di Franco, PJ Harvey and Beth Orton

  • He is a really good cook (but that still doesn’t mean I’ll let him within 5 feet of my kitchen)

  • He keeps nothing under his bed

  • He really does have a great arse


Tart at 10:56 AM |

1 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Blogger Jill Monroe said........
Nothing??!! He keeps NOTHING under his bed? That's almost impossible to comprehend!

My dh has the same problem with going to bed with me still up. I think it's an evolutionary holdback - he can't "protect" if he's asleep and I'm somewhere else.