Thursday, April 20, 2006
I'm not sure why (probably excessive alcohol consumption since I was 15, but whatever...) but I cannot remember much from my childhood. Or even last month.

My aunt has sent down some old home movies (that were filmed by my great-grandfather, silent films too, and my aunt had them copied onto video a few years ago) so I could be humiliated watch them.


I went around to the BFs flat last night to watch a few. They show me, a chubby 5 year old kid (who seemed to wear a lot of brown, what is up with the colour brown in the 70s?) doing lots of embarrasing things like tripping up, falling down, pulling faces, doing gymnastics (this had the BF in hysterics - bastard). There's me, the dorky 11 year old playing with my 5 year old cousin at his birthday party (did I not have any friends back then?).

There are movies of family holidays, birthday parties and get togethers. There are my parents, so youthful! My grandad, with both legs! (He had his right leg amputated when I was about 8 or 9, due to him smoking and getting an infection - let that be a lesson to you smokers out there! LOL). My sister, looking like a little heathen!

The really sad thing is that I cannot remember any of it. None. It's like watching a complete stranger.

You know they say just before you die, your life flashes before you. I guess I'm just going to get a bunch of blank screens.

Tart at 12:41 AM |

1 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Chubby and Dorky? I think we're soulmates. We're the same age so I'm pretty sure we were dorky and chubby at the same times. LOL. Plus, I recall a lot of brown too. What is with that?