Monday, April 10, 2006
I've just read the third and final installment of a popular historical romance trilogy set in Medieval England.

The books are very well written with interesting characters, political intrigue, action and of course, some good sex scenes. All three books have followed the story of lovers Anne and Edward, and I was anxiously awaiting the final book to read the conclusion of their story.

But, 20 pages from the end of the book, the heroine marries another man! Completely out of the blue, she walks away from the hero and marries another character, a minor character on the fringes of the story. I was bloody incensed. How dare the author string me along for three books and over a thousand pages for the main characters not to end up together. I feel so ripped off. I had an emotional attachment to Anne and Edward and I honestly thought they'd live happily ever after with their son. Argh! These books are going straight onto Trade Me now LOL.

Tart at 11:08 AM |

3 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
I wanna know who this author is...I don't want to accidentally read her. Hate it when they do that! I had that happened once, and the book went to the damp!
 


At 3:23 PM, Blogger Tart said........
It's by an Australian novelist - Posie Graham-Evans, The Innocent, The Exiled and The Beloved. I still can't get over the fact that they didn't end up together. I'm gutted LOL.
 


At 12:42 AM, Blogger Marg said........
Without even reading the comments I knew you were talking about this trilogy! I guess the hard thing is that she couldn't completely change history just to suit her story. That and the fact that Edward was actually already married!!