Monday, November 14, 2005
Ugh, I just wish I'd taken a mental health day today and stayed at home with my rabbit, and I don't mean the four-legged animal variety ;).

To cheer myself up, I'm going to make lists. List making always cheers me up (crap, I need to get a life!).

Things I love

Veronica. She's my new Saben bag for summer and she's so damn cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Buckles and bows. I seem to like embellishments lately, especially on clothing, shoes and bags (Veronica has a bow LOL).


Mattafix "Big City Life" and Arctic Monkey "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor".

The way my skin is looking lately. Oh, and the fact that the whites of my eyes are, white! Wow. I've never seen them so white before (usually bloodshot and blurry). Ya think the detox is working?

The new painting I bought. My grandfather left me some money, not a lot, but a small amount, in his will. I decided instead of using the money to pay off bills or buying shoes, I'd use it to buy this incredible painting I saw. It's by NZ painter Robyn Kahukiwa, and is simply stunning. I love it. And every time I see this painting on my wall, I'm going to think of my grandad, which I think is a really nice thing.

Things I hate

Wetas in my letterbox. I know they're completely harmless but they just look so fucking creepy. Apparently my letterbox is a haven for the fuckers. Euw.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Skunk hair. You know the hair I mean - awful chunky blonde highlights that just scream "Ginger Spice 1998!".

Dirty fingernails. *gag*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw three great movies over the weekend.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang - stars Robert Downey Jnr and Val Kilmer in probably the coolest movie of the year. Downey Jnr plays Harry Block, a petty thief who after fleeing a robbery in New York, stumbles into an audition for a Hollywood film and finds himself flying to LA to test for the role of a cop. For research, he is paired with private detective Gay Perry (Val Kilmer). A deft mix of violence, humour and action. Highly recommended.

The World's Fastest Indian - stars Sir Anthony Hopkins and is based on the true story of Burt Munro, a New Zealander from Invercargill, who spent decades perfecting a classic Indian motorcycle. He heads to America, to Utah's Bonneville Salt Flats, to set the land speed record in the 1970s. Highly recommeded.

Mysterious Skin - a powerful film and a heart-wrenching perspective on child abuse from the victim's eyes. In 1981, two 8 year old boys, Neil and Brian, were sexually abused by their baseball coach. Subsequently, the boys have very different memories and coping mechanisms in response to the incident. The story picks up again, 10 years later, with Neil (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) working as a small-time hustler, while Brian is a nervous dorky young man who believes he was abducted by aliens. This is a brave and unsettling film, extremely frank, explicit and graphic with stunning performances from Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Elizabeth Shue, who plays his mother. Highly recommended.

Tart at 12:48 PM |

0 Comments: