Wednesday, November 16, 2005
I find it odd, in fact, really weird that my father is very good friends with my ex-boyfriend.

I went out with D for about 3 years when I was at university. He got on fabulously with my family, as D was really sporty, played rugby, cricket, golf, tennis, ran half-marathons etc. When we broke up, Dad was probably more upset about it than me as he'd lost his little buddy LOL.

I lost touch with D for a few years, he travelled around a bit, and then by pure chance, we both landed in London in 1998 and met up again. We spent a bit of time together, but not a lot, as he had met this English girl on a safari in Africa.

Anyway, skip to 2001. D is engaged to K and living in London, I've just moved back to NZ and my parents have moved to London. In passing, I said to Dad that D was now in London and that here was his email and maybe they could catch up etc, blah blah. Thinking that it probably won't happen, but might be nice for the olds to have someone they know in London, even if, you know, it's my ex LOL.

So Dad did. They got on fabulously again, played golf, went to rugby games and down the pub and Mum really got on well with D's fiance, K. So much so, that last year, they were invited to D & K's wedding! They have travelled to Portugal and Spain together, gone to international rugby games, even holidayed in Rome with D's parents as well! (Why, what a happy little family!)

Odder still, when I went back to London for a holiday last year, they were invited around for a BBQ. It was like some sort of family get together, like D was the favoured son-in-law or something. I felt so left out! It made me feel really uncomfortable LOL. Weird.

Geez I sound whiny. I think I'll shut up now.

Tart at 1:15 PM |

0 Comments: