Sunday, December 04, 2005
Yesterday I went to a wedding. It was a lovely ceremony, held outdoors in this wonderful vineyard. The bride looked stunning, the groom looked very handsome. The reception that followed was in this very cool barn, attached to the vineyard. Great food, excellent wine and a DJ that played some cool tunes made for an interesting and fun night. You know, one of the things that I love about my boyfriend, is that he likes to get up and dance. In fact, sometimes he is the one dragging me onto the dancefloor (hmm, hope I haven't made him sound gay LOL). I doubt any of my ex-boyfriends would've been up there, dancing with me to 80s classics like "I think we're alone now" by Tiffany LOL.

I probably would've enjoyed it more, if I hadn't had my feet and ankles swell up like elephantitis on Saturday morning. I don't know what happened, but I woke up and my feet were very puffy. Initially, I put it down to sore and tired feet from wearing heels at work. I was a bit worried though, as I had thought to wear this dress and heels to the wedding, but there was no way I was going to wear the dress with ankles this swollen LOL. I have short chunky legs at the best of times, swollen ankles and feet would've just compounded the problem.

The only shoes that seemed to fit were these jewelled jandals (flip flops). Luckily they were quite dressy. I ended up wearing trousers and a silk tunic style caftan. Very bohemian with the jandals and wooden beads and bangles. Anyway, the trousers hid the fat ankles LOL.

I probably should've stayed off my feet for longer and not danced so much, because when I woke up this morning, my feet and ankles were swollen even further. So bad that I can't actually walk! They're not painful, but a bit tender. Of course, I was concerned, so we ended up leaving early, there was a post-wedding BBQ lunch for guests, but we didn't go, as I wanted to see a doctor to find out what is wrong with me. The bf had to carry me to the car, as I couldn't even manage to walk a few steps. It may have been a good idea of I hadn't eaten that cake the night before LOL.

The doctors were a bit stumped as to the cause, but took urine and bloods and sent me on my way (goodbye $100!). The clinic rang later on to tell me that the results showed a very low level of protein which is causing the edema (swelling). However I have to go back to the doctors again tomorrow for more tests, as they want to check my heart, liver and kidneys, as edema can be a symptom of kidney or liver disease or heart failure. Yeah. Not exactly the greatest way to end the weekend or start a new week.

Wish me luck.

Tart at 11:28 PM |

0 Comments: