Monday, July 24, 2006
I am at work at the moment but I can't concentrate at all.

My mind keeps thinking about the most amazing weekend I just had. It was the best!

After work on Friday, I met up with a dozen or so family and friends (these are friends of my parents that I've known all my life) that had come to Wellington for the rugby test on Saturday. Everyone was at the pub when I arrived and it was so great to see them all again. After a few hugs, kisses, "it's good to see you again" and "how are you?"s, I settled in around the table, with a glass of wine to catch up. As I was chatting to my aunt and working out was there, she mentions that Tom and Josh had come down from Auckland as well, and points them out.

(Tom is one of my father's oldest and dearest friends. They've been friends since they were kids. Josh is Tom's son. Josh and I kind of grew up together, he's 7 years younger though).

I haven't seen Josh since he was about 11 or 12 and boy, has he grown up fine LOL.

I went over to say hello to them and, as cliche as this sounds, as soon as I said hello to Josh and gave him a kiss on the cheek, I felt this spark. This tingle of electricity. He must have felt it too, because we just clicked. We talked (and yeah, I flirted majorly LOL) and, when we left the pub to head out for dinner, we kept on talking and talking (and flirting and flirting). Reminiscing about 'old times', laughing about the weird things his younger sister did (she used to eat snails and dirt, and throw mammoth temper tantrums, and who is now studying to be a lawyer LOL) and finding out about each other now.

(FYI - Josh is 24, tall, slim, dark hair, gorgeous blue eyes - with incredibly long eyelashes LOL - he's a structural engineer, funny and way way smart).

Tom, and everyone else, finds this quite noticeable and of course, we got shit for it LOL. Though I noticed that Tom was sort of encouraging it a bit too LOL.


Come 2am and it's time to go home. I left alone (come on, I could hardly take him home with me with my aunt, three uncles, his father and all their friends looking on LOL).

As I'm in the cab on the way home, I get a text message from Josh and we proceed to text message for a good hour or so (phoneplay instead of foreplay I guess you could say) and we arranged to met for brunch on Saturday.

Okay, to cut a long story a bit shorter, we spent all of Saturday morning together, went to the rugby* (he had seats somewhere else), went to the pub after the game with everyone else and then at the end of the night I asked him back to my place LOL. By that stage, I didn't care if my family or old family friends thought I was a skanky-ho, I really wanted to spend the night with Josh as I fancied the goddamn pants off of him LOL.

So he came home with me and we shagged like bunnies! (And FYI - but maybe more TMI - he certainly DOESN'T need to read those penis enlargement spam emails floating around, if you get my drift LOL).

Sunday we chilled out, went out for lunch and did a bit of shopping (he bought a few CDs, I bought a beanie). He also wanted to know when he could see me again. Which is going to be a tad difficult, seeing as I live in Wellington and he lives in Auckland.

Argh! Why is it I always (okay, an exaggeration) met guys who never live near me? I think I'm cursed. My last two serious relationships were partially long distance too. I'm so not good with long distance stuff (recent boyfriend and I broke up because he's gone on a 9 month shoot overseas and I don't want to wait around).

Josh left last night and we said we'd email, text, call and try and work out a way to see each other again. But, if it doesn't happen, it doesn't. I'll be bummed though - he is just a fantastic guy and I really do fancy him. A lot.

Of course, once he gets back to Auckland, I could just be written off as part of a great weekend away and never hear from him again...

Oh man, I'm so too old to be acting like this!

And maybe I shouldn't have blabbed about it on my blog... I've probably jinxed it now!

But I am having trouble keeping this stupid bloody grin off my face LOL.


*The All Blacks won, 35-17, but it wasn't a particularly great game, in fact, I was suitably unimpressed.



Tart at 11:49 AM |

7 Comments:

At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart this is the kind of stuff I love the hear from you!! So glad you had such a yummy weekend. I hope you'll keep us posted on what follows...
 


At 2:09 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Tart, this is so fun to read. Not enough info on the shagging I say!
 


At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Well, I have an update LOL. Josh emailed me today, so I've emailed him back etc. He's offsite most of the day, but he still found time to email me. Aww, man. He's is so sweet!

And Serendipity, just for your information LOL, the shagging was grand! Three times baby LOL. One benefit of sleeping with a younger man, they have stamina baby :D
 


At 4:59 PM, Blogger Jo said........
i know what you mean about the stamina.... my b/f and i just "shagged" like seriously 10 min. ago and i said what do you want to do tonight? and he says fuck you again.... I mean come on... i learned how to scuba dive (he did too) for like 5.5 hours today!!!! I'm pooped! I'm really glad that you had a wonderful weekend becuase I DID TOO!!!!!
 


At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart, I'm loving this! 3 TIMES! You lucky chick!
I'm with Serendipity, the extra shag info is good!
 


At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart thats so cool. Sounds like the best weekend.
Good on you. He sounds cool and you both sound smittened.
Try not to stress about the distance. Your be able to work it out. Bet you want to move up here to Auckland right now. Don't blame you.
Maybe we should swap places for abit.
you could always meet him halfway and go up the mountain for abit of a snowboarding weekend.
Chilly setting, very cosy indoors. Rent your own little pad together.
 


At 2:48 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Three times? You Tart,. you! Way to go!

I can't remember the last time I have three times. Two maybe, but not three. Usually, we get knock on our door after a while and kids ask us "Mommy, Abba, are you having sex now?"

That's not a turn on I tell you.