Monday, July 03, 2006
I've been thinking about love triangles today. Not me in that triangle though, the last tug-of-love relationship I had between two men was when I was 4 and J.J and Gary fought over who could push me around the kindergarten grounds in the red wagon LOL.

I've been thinking about love triangles because I read Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich and I'm about to see Superman Returns tonight (not my movie choice I swear, I wanted to see Russian Dolls). In Twelve Sharp, the main character Stephanie Plum is in a love triangle (of sorts) with Joe Morelli and Ranger. In Superman Returns, Superman returns to earth to find Lois Lane shacked up with another bloke and she's had a kid (what's the bet the kid is really Supermans? A secret baby plot *groan*).

The reason I bring up these two is that I always, 100% guarantee it, I like the guy/girl the main character NEVER ends up with.

Philadelphia Story, Pearl Harbour (man, was that a donkey of a film or what?), Friends, Grey's Anatomy...all examples of where I like the "other" person. I mean, really, what does McDreamy see in Meredith? She's scrawny, whiny and pouty. Addison is gorgeous, smart and very stylish (check out her shoes! LOL).

I guess what I'm hoping is that Stephanie will pick Ranger and that Lois Lane will not pick Superman. How cool would that be?!


Tart at 3:45 PM |

3 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I've only read One for the Money but I had a soft spot for Ranger. Just something about him. I think I tend to like the guy who is never picked too. I felt the same about Pearl Harbor. I'm trying to think of other love triangles but am drawing a blank. Hmmm.

I haven't read more of the Plum books but eventually will buy them I'm sure. How was Twelve Sharp?
 


At 8:09 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Ann - I adore Ranger LOL, he's much more of an interesting character that Joe Morelli. I enjoy the Steph Plum books, some more than others (8-10 weren't so good), but Twelve Sharp was very funny. Laugh out loud funny and some nice Ranger/Steph moments.
 


At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
he's cuban, duh, of course ranger is hot.