Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Knicked this from another website, which in turn took it from Glamour magazine: "10 Bad Guys Worth Dating Anyway."

"The Much Older Man, to get that creepy Dad thing out of your system."

Yep. Done this twice. First when I was 19 and had a wild passionate fling with a man who was 43 (and was 2 years older than my Dad at the time). He was gorgeous, tall and lean. Had a great smile. He was an international polo player (so you can imagine the thighs on him LOL). Lasted for the summer I was home between first and second year of university. Second time was a few years ago, a set up with a man who was 20 years older than me. Nice bloke, but when we went out for dinner, I felt like I was being paraded around, like a badge/trophy or something.

"The Too-Good-Looking-for-Me Guy, because those are your insecurities talking, and you should tell them to shut up!"
Check. Last long-term boyfriend was very very good looking (think a dark Matthew McConnaughey). He turned into a Nazi Gym Instructor, used to monitor what I ate, when I exercised etc. On the plus side I had a killer body, on the downside, he was a fucking nutbar! (Only took me 5 years to figure that out LOL).

"The Dumb Jock, because there's a lot to be said for endurance."
Not dumb jocks, but I have been out with some nice, but dim, rugby players. Not sure about the endurance thing though LOL. One guy didn't even last 30 seconds. Bless his heart. A few of them though, phwaor, good in the sack!

"The Potentially Gay Guy, for the potentially forever friendship."
Yes. We met on our first day of university (in a lecture for Politics 101), we used to bitch and backstab about everyone in our halls of residence. And we used to concoct outrageous plots to outshine a bride on her wedding day ('cos it's not all about the bride thankyouverymuch! LOL). He's still a very good and dear friend, lives in Sydney and is my personal style guru LOL.

"The Pretentious Intellectual. If nothing else, you'll have the whole who-vs-whom thing solved forever."
Ugh. Brendan. Second year of university, he was a third year law/economics student. Which translates to utter twat.

"The Euro Snob. Steal his fancy bath products!"
Well, if David Beckham ever left Posh, then I'd be up for a bit of product sharing.

"The Non-committal Guy, because he's a rite of passage that will bond you with every other woman on earth."
Hmm, well I'm the actual non-committal girl, so maybe I'm a guys rite of passage! Cool LOL.

"The Guy Who Needs To Be Saved, to teach you that you can't do that for anybody."
Nope. Haven't done that one. I'm not a life-saver.

"The Money-Hungry Bastard. You'll quickly scratch "rich" off your wish list."
Haven't been out with a really money-hungry guy, but I did go out with this guy who was very rich. He wasn't pretentious about it though, but he did like to pay for everything, which wasn't really a problem for me LOL.

"The Cute-but-Dorky Guy, because in the long run, dorky might not matter."
Well, I do have a soft spot for dorks but I haven't dated any of them (the cute factor would have to be greater than the dork factor...yes, I'm that shallow LOL).

Ah, memories.

Tart at 12:11 PM |

9 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I want to hear more about the dark Matthew McConnaughey...
*sigh*
 


At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Ann LOL - you really do have it bad for Matthew McConnaughey :P

This guy, was probably one of the best looking blokes I've ever been with LOL. Tall, tanned, great body, gorgeous face... with a dimple when he smiled! Pity he turned into a nutter - he sure was pretty though LOL.
 


At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tart, you have no idea, LOL. It's a good thing I'm married b/c if I were single I would be stalking Matthew day and night. Probably get arrested too. LOL. I was watching Failure to Launch. The movie is fine but the scenes with his shirt off, OH MY!

That is a pity your Matthew look alike turned out to be a nutter. Maybe Wentworth Miller look alike is quite sane?
 


At 5:11 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Tart, I do believe I my son has Matthew's cute dimples...only time will tell if he's going to be a chick magnet. He into Pokemon right now.

Ann, doesn't Matthew Cs smile just gives you the goose bumps? That's how I started liking Josh Lucas. I thought he's Matthew's twin for a while.
 


At 5:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
LOL Ann, I hope TGFTBWLLWM is sane, cos clearly I am NOT. And I think one of you at least, in the relationship, should be sane LOL.

Serendipity - I am a sucker for dimples. Love them. Eddie Cibrian is another hottie with killer dimples. Sigh. LOL
 


At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Serendipity, the dimples completely do me in. Watching FTL last night I about passed out. My nieces (who really are too young to watch that movie) said he was not cute at all. Giving me their "your so weird Aunt Annie" looks. I told them to give it a few years, they'll have his poster on their wall soon enough.

I also love Josh Lucas. First time I saw him was in Sweet Home Alabama. He's a yummy man!

>And I think one of you at least, in the relationship, should be sane LOL.<
Tart, LOL, this is so true!
 


At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Just have to mention that hot Eddie Cibrian is a Cubanito boy. Or as I also call them, Beaner Boys. And i say that endearingly. :)

Rox
Cubanita Girl
 


At 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I think I need to take a trip to Cuba and find me an Eddie look-a-like...then, I could have the Wentworth look-a-like and the Eddie one and I'd be one happy chica :P
 


At 6:13 AM, Blogger Jo said........
i really kinda want to do the older guy thing.... more experienced in the sack.... more stable.... i don't know... maybe i'm just weird..... But i'm in a happy relationship with the cute-but-dorky guy... i love him to death! i'm happy but we'll see what happens in the future... (he's still my first 'real' boyfriend and we've been together about 2 years)