Sunday, October 08, 2006
Friday night was a lot of fun, a lot of drinking, eating and talking. We didn't go to Boogie Wonderland, as we were too interested in gossiping LOL.

I managed to get home at a fairly respectable 2.30am and though drunk, I wasn't fall down flat on face in the middle of the bed fully clothed drunk LOL. (Which has happened on more than one occasion).

However, I awoke early on Saturday morning with a terrible hangover. I think the disparity between the amount of alcohol consumed and the strength of the hangover was huge, and totally unfair. I had the dry horrors, felt pukey, a bad headache and generally shitty LOL.

I think I suffered more because I haven't been drinking a lot on a regular basis, my body has lost its drink "conditioning" LOL.

I'd arranged to meet a friend for brunch on Saturday, and because I knew we were just going to our "local" cafe, I thought I wouldn't need to get dressed properly, so didn't bother with a shower, just threw on some old, very saggy faded jeans, a grey hoodie with a hole in the armpit and a stain of questionable origin on the front, old trainers and pulled my hair into a greasy ponytail (and ignored the red zit on my chin).

A big stack of pancakes with maple syrup and a giant apple juice went some way to alleviate the symptoms of my hangover (but what I really needed was a KFC Chicken Burger and a large Sparkling Duet LOL).

You know that when you look like shit you're bound to bump into people you know... people you don't want to see you looking like shit! LOL. Not only was an ex-boyfriend at the cafe (looking very stylish and cool), so too was my cousin and his snooty girlfriend (I got the look up and down and then a pitying smile...bitch LOL).

Thinking the humiliation had lasted long enough, my friend and I left the cafe and I thought I was safely enroute home. But no. My friend wanted to go to The Warehouse and check out BBQs. Argh! (But seeing as she was my ride home, I didn't want to complain too much LOL). So I had to schlep around the red shed feeling like shit and seeing more people I didn't want to see - a former work colleague, a guy I went to university with, an old primary school friend - how come I have never seen these people around town before now? Why today when I look so terrible? I tell you, someone doesn't like me very much LOL.

Honestly, I couldn't wait to get home. All day I'd felt frumpy and greasy and blah LOL. I made my friend take me to KFC to get a chicken burger on the way home, as it was the only think I knew would make the hangover go away.

Today I feel much better, must be the KFC! LOL.

Tart at 3:05 PM |

4 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger Jan said........
We are often afraid of how terribly we look but people usually don't look at us as carefully as we do at ourselves. I guess if we don't look skanky people just don't mind. But I agree that the look-so-horrible feeling may be really unpleasant.
 


At 2:19 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
I agree with Jan...although not in my case. When I am horribly terrible looking, then it really is. Ugh!

I doubt you look as you have assesed yourself Tart. I think you're stylish even with a old clothes.
 


At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Oh no, trust me when I say I looked terrible! Even my friend commented on how rough I looked LOL.
 


At 7:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said........
Hey Tart, I'm back and have missed your blog :)

Bummer you ran into ex and the bitch your cousin is dating. But on the plus side you had fun on Saturday night and that's what matters!