Monday, October 02, 2006
So, I went to see WOW over the weekend. I really enjoyed it. It was much more than a fashion show. It was a well choreographed mix of dance, music, burlesque, acrobatics and of course, wearable art. Though I have to say I did spend a bit of time looking at the half naked male dancers in lycra tights LOL. Some of the creations were really impressive. Talk about talented!

I got a juice from Ed's today (Leila's Dream yum - peach, strawberry, passionfruit and apple). Ed's is a funky juice bar/cafe - vegetarian and vegan juices and food, and I saw the best sticker ever!

Friends don't let friends go to Starbucks

So true LOL. I hate Starbucks coffee, it's revolting. I've had two or three coffees from Starbucks (one here, one in London and one in New York LOL) and they were so tepid, watery and blech. Plus, I'd rather support smaller, independent cafes (like Ed's). When I walk past Starbucks (there's two along Lambton Quay, one on Courtenay Place) I see the same kind of people in there - Asian students (I will generalise and say that Asian nations are not big coffee drinkers) and young teenagers (again, will generalise and say that teenagers aren't real big coffee drinkers). Plus I don't see the appeal of frappucino's (ooh, cold coffeee? Puke.). Or adding syrups, cream etc. I actually like the taste of coffee (quelle horreur!), so don't want to mask it with another flavour. Why have a coffee then? But that's just me. I'm sure to some, Starbucks is the champagne of coffee LOL.

Tart at 10:02 PM |

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
I am such a dork...I can only find cute templates through you. So I picked this one out of many. LOL.
 


At 1:39 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
I forgot to say, Starbucks coffee tastes bad to me. It makes me puke in the literal sense of the word.

I do love their hot chocolate...but I could get it cheaper somewhere else, but starbucks cup looks nice! :P