Friday, September 29, 2006

When did I stop being a DIY girl?

I used to do most things myself, now I:

  • get my eyebrows threaded by the little Indian lady at the spa (she's fantastic)

  • get a leg and bikini wax (Kylie my beauty therapist has seen my hoo-ha more times than I can remember LOL)

  • get my hair cut and coloured (Kelly is a fantastic stylist, I'll never let anyone else touch my hair)

  • get my hair styled for a big night out or "event" (see above)

  • get a spray tan (those spray booths are so cool)

  • get a manicure from the Korean girl at the nail salon (she's fantastic, fast and good and cheap!)


The only thing I do myself is shave my armpits (I did have them waxed once and the pain was excruitating! I know what your thinking, "surely it can't hurt more than a bikini wax?" I assure you it can. Yowza. Never again). And I also do my own pedicure. The reason is that I hate anyone touching my feet. I get all twitchy and giggly. Quite embarrassing.

    5 or 7 years ago, I did everything myself (well, apart from cutting my hair - both on my head and "down south" LOL). Now I get pay someone else to do it. I guess that's the main reason why I'm not a DIY girl anymore. I can afford to get someone else, a trained professional, do it for me. Which is a good thing...you should've seen my eyebrows *shudder*.

    Today is one of those lovely gorgeous Wellington spring days! Blue skies, sunny and no breeze. It's not really hot, maybe about 16-17 degrees (not sure what that is in Fahrenheit..60?). So, it's not a scorcher, but that doesn't mean some people out there realise that! This morning on the bus I sat next to a girl in short shorts, a tank top and jandals LOL. People. Just because the sun is shining does not mean it's 30 degrees outside LOL.

    Edited 4.06pm: okay, blogger is being funky. I had to rewrite and publish this post. Weird. I'm playing around with new templates, so maybe I hit a wrong button? Grr.


    Tart at 10:48 AM |

    3 Comments:

    At 3:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
    Hmm, Threading, you say? Very intersesting. I must live under a rock, lol, I've never heard of it.
    But does it hurt less than waxing?
     


    At 4:12 PM, Blogger Tart said........
    For me, threading is less painful than waxing or plucking. I find waxing bad for my skin, it irritates it. Plucking is slow and painful. The good thing with threading is that it gets rid of hairs quickly, and I find the shape of my eyebrows really even with threading.
     


    At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
    Hey Tart,
    My mum's down in Wellington and going to the Wearable Art Awards as well. Hope you have a good night.
    Never heard of threading either and I have shorts on today.
    I also had yellow jandals on this morning.
    Though I am up in aucks so maybe it might be abit warmer. I now have a hoodie and sneakers so yeah it did get cold later in the day.