Sunday, June 08, 2008
I don't know what's worse, this hangover or the fact that we (my boyfriend and I) spent nearly $700 this weekend. Ouch.

We had friends come from Ireland (for a holiday and to watch Ireland play the All Blacks) and we spent all weekend with them. Lots of laughs, lots of food and momentous amount of booze consumed.

I haven't been out drinking like that for months, in fact the last big night out was probably in 2007 LOL. Friday night we were all out until 4am, last night the rugby (where four small beers cost over $20! Talk about ripoff) then we hit the pubs and when sufficiently boozed up, we hit a few clubs. So much fun, dancing and singing on the dancefloor (we went to clubs that actually play music you can sing along and dance to, none of that stupid fucking dance music nonsense LOL). I know my boyfriend was pretty smashed, he doesn't normally drag me onto the dance floor like that LOL. We got home around 4am again. Nasty. I was so drunk that I didn't really get undressed to get in bed, just took shoes and jeans off and slept in my tops LOL.

I've just pulled out the receipts from my purse and checked our bank accounts and yeah, $600-odd bucks spent, really easy apparently. I know I drink a lot and I know my boyfriend can put back a few bevvies too, and when we get together with our friends from Dublin (who seriously, can drink like they're competing for an Olympic medal) we obviously have no impulse control LOL.

Though I suppose after the craptastic week I have had with my family dramas, we both probably needed some kind of boozy fun. So now we're both lying on the couch (he's on his watching a surfing DVD). The boyfriend didn't even get up until 10.30 or so, which is unheard of! Especially because it is a gorgeous sunny blue sky winter day out there and he always wants to go and do something outdoors on days like this. I can count on one finger the number of times he's slept in. I'm the lazy slothful one in the relationship LOL. He must be suffering. We're meant to be having lunch with the Irish friends soon, so I suppose I should drag my hungover self into the shower and get ready. Ugh.

Tart at 12:12 PM |

3 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. Don't worry bout the money. Sometimes it's worth the fun.

Oh yeah, the Irish. I have never been as pissed as that one night in Dublin in 1996, when it was the finale of the Gaelic football season. Jeez, what a night. LOL

Love, Sanna
 


At 2:25 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
It's been too long. I need another post! Do you not remember that I live vicariously through you? Give us some good stories. I'm in need of them.
 


At 4:14 AM, Blogger Shoshana said........
Tart...is that for real about drinks costing that much? I must be living under a rock because I had no idea! None....but it sounds like you had a fabulous time.