Tuesday, November 22, 2005
I'm a bookclub hijacker. Okay, perhaps hijacker is not quite right (put down the Da Vinci Code...hey you, move away from the Marian Keyes or I'll rip the last pages out of this Robert Crais) LOL.

Tonight will be the second time I've gone along to this bookclub that a former work colleague has asked me to join. (None of the other members are her friends, these are friends of another work colleague, who started the bookclub, and then decided to leave as she wanted to spend more time with her newly arrived boyfriend from London).

The first meeting was okay, not really what I thought a bookclub would be (there was wine and food, so that was a big plus). Instead of everyone reading the same book and discussing it, this was sort of like a book review/ book swap club. Everyone had read different books and then reported back on them. But the reporting back was so lame! Just comments like "it was a quick read", "I enjoyed it". Well doll, that tells me fuck all about a book!

At that first meeting, my friend and I ended up taking over, as we both had read the majority of the books and could give better reviews about the books, more detailed analysis and from listening to what others liked, could recommend a few titles.

Tonight is the second meeting. I didn't take any books from the last meeting, so I'm taking along a few of my books to discuss/swap. I just hope there are some new books, because surely, everyone has already read "The Lovely Bones", "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" and "The Life of Pi"?

Or is that just me?


Tart at 12:06 PM |

0 Comments: