Sunday, November 20, 2005
New Zealand have won the right to host the 2011 Rugby World Cup. This is a major deal for the country. We were seen as rank outsiders, Japan were seen as the country most likely to win the bid.

The RWC is the worlds third largest sporting event, after the Olympics and the Football World Cup. Expected audience of 4 billion. It's a big deal for a country this size. I think the fact that the government was behind the bid 100%, so much so that the PM, Helen Clark, left the APEC summit in Busan, South Korea and jetted off to Dublin to be part of the group who presented the bid to the International Rugby Board (IRB). Sort of like what Tony Blair did when he flew out to Singapore before the 2012 Olympic decision was made.

So yeah, as you can imagine, it's in all the papers and on the news. Big day for my little country.

I've been invited to a BBQ at a friends house tonight, and because the weather is so nice, I thought I'd wear this cute new skirt I have. So last night I stayed in and had a pamper session (face mask, manicure, pedicure) and because my fake tan has faded and I haven't had a chance to get to the salon to top it up, I bought one of those over the counter fake tan lotions. I got a gel one, that the women at the cosmetics counter said was easy to use and wouldn't streak etc. Which was my only concern, as I've used these lotions before and ended up with stripes down my legs.

It seemed easy last night, I followed instructions to the letter and went to bed all happy in the knowledge that I'd have lovely tanned brown legs in the morning.

Well, I woke up this morning with OOMPA LOOMPA legs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Gah! My legs are bright orange! Shit. Bugger.

Looks like I'll have to wear trousers tonight instead.

Tart at 12:23 PM |

0 Comments: