Friday, January 20, 2006
This weekend, the city will be teaming with young & hip skaters, BMXers and skateboarders for the Vodafone X*AIR and the BF and I are going to check it out on Saturday & Sunday. Yeah. Sometimes I think I'm dating a 14 year old.

We went last year to see a few events (street BMX, skateboard 1/2 pipe and water jump) and I felt like the oldest person there. Though the BF kindly pointed out that Tony Hawk was indeed older than me. That didn't really make me feel any better though. Funny that LOL.

Anyway, I'm sure it'll be good fun. Though I'm not sure how high my tolerance is for low slung skater shorts showing the boxers underneath. I keep wondering how they can skate/BMX with their pants down their arses!

*****************************************************

Da plane, da plane.**

Before we check out any of the X*AIR stuff, I'm accompanying the BF to get his tattoo. He claims he'll get a skull with a dagger and rose through it, or maybe an anchor with "Mum" scrawled across it. I keep saying "it's your body, get want you like" but really thinking you wouldn't dare get anything so tacky etched into your arm. My sister's partner has designed a couple of pieces for him (bro-in-law is quite talented artist, designed his own tats which look very cool), but whether or not he uses them I don't know.

I think he's worried about the pain aspect, as he keeps asking me if my tattoo was painful (top of right foot, and no, it wasn't painful at all) LOL.

Big wuss.

But the best thing about this weekend, is that Monday is a holiday! But only for this region, the rest of the country has to go to work. Bahahahaha!




*Skater Boy
**Tattoo (geddit?), Fantasy Island

Tart at 1:10 PM |

0 Comments: