Monday, April 03, 2006
I am by nature, an organised person who likes routine. My week often has a sameness about it that would probably drive some people crazy, but I like it. Keeps me sane.

But this routineness (is that even a word?) doesn't mean I am not spontaneous, because I can be...I just have to organise it beforehand LOL.

For example:

The BF and I have a standing breakfast date every Wednesday morning at our favourite cafe (and yes, I usually have the same thing to eat each week - though I like to mix it up when it comes to my coffee LOL).

I meet up with four girlfriends every Wednesday night for cheap cocktails at a popular bar in the city. (Though I've given up drinking for a while, due to kidney problems, so I'm having to drink non-alcoholic cocktails, which totally goes against all my beliefs LOL).

Every Sunday at 10am I meet with three of my closest girlfriends for brunch at Eva Dixon's.

I stay at my BF's flat only one night a week - usually Friday night. (His flat's closer to the city, so it's in walking distance or cheap cab ride home after a night out LOL).

I cook dinner at the same time each night - 6.45pm (after the sports news on TV3).

Thursday night is grocery shopping night.

I buy the exact same groceries each week. I have memorised the items so that I no longer need to write a list. I have also memorised the layout of my local supermarket, so I know exactly where all the things I need are (does anyone else get miffed with supermarkets when they change their layout...or is that just me? LOL).

I wear the same silver ring on my left hand (middle finger) and have done since I was 18.

Saturday morning I clean the house, in the same order. Bathroom (basin first, then bath/shower, toilet last), then the kitchen, dust/polish furniture, vaccum, sweep and mop floors.

I always sleep on the right side of the bed.


I call my parents in the UK every Sunday night. (This first started when I moved away to university over 12 years ago).

I organise my pantry daily, so that all the labels are facing out and everything is organised alphabetically and then according to height (yes, I am a little weird).

I've been catching the same bus to work, at the same bus stop everyday for almost 3 years.

Fuck. I sound so pathetic. And boring LOL.

Tart at 2:45 PM |

0 Comments: