Monday, May 22, 2006
A better way to spend two hours and $14 is to go and see, what I think is one of the best films I’ve seen this year.

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is a wonderful French film, a compelling and edgy thriller with enthralling characters including Romain Duris, who plays lead character, Tom – gangster by day, would-be concert pianist by night. 4/5.


I adore French and Italian films, love smaller, independent films. You can guarantee that films critics rave about and audiences loathe will be ones that I enjoy (case in point The Royal Tenenbaums - loved that one!). It’s probably safe to say I’m a bit of a film snob – I try and avoid over-hyped, over-produced Hollywood films, I won’t be seeing Mission Impossible 3, Poseidon or X-Men 3. But I do make concessions from time to time - I did see King Kong (*yawn*) and I will be seeing Pirates of the Caribbean 2 LOL.

I think I also expect quite a lot from a film. Not only do I want interesting characters, a good plot, but I also look at the cinematography and art direction. Oh and I'm also one of those people that spots continuity errors and annoys their friends by talking about them ad nauseum. It's a skill you know!


Tart at 11:29 AM |

0 Comments: