Monday, May 29, 2006
Friday 26 May

Alcohol units: 5, Tim Tams: 0 (excellent!), Pods: 29 (oops).

7.20pm. At home. Early onset of spinsterhood is inevitable, as I find myself eagerly anticipating a quiet night in front of the telly.

7.23pm. Gosh, Carol Hirschfeld's hair is looking a bit tatty. I guess now that she no longer reads the news, she can let the ends look ratty.

7.32pm. Oh, America's Next Top Model is on. Yay.

7.35pm. I can't get over how skinny these girls are. Perhaps if I stopped pigging out on Pods, my legs would be that thin.

7.36pm. God I love Pods.

7.40pm. Phone's ringing. Am not going to answer it, as I don't want whoever it is to know that I'm a sad cow at home on a Friday night watching ANTM.

Saturday 27 May

Alcohol units: 19 (v bad, but was commiserating), Cigarettes: 2 (good), Minutes of Super 14 final actually seen: 7 (what the hell?)

7.45pm. At pub. Trying to watch the Super 14 final between the Canterbury Crusaders and the Wellington Hurricanes (go the 'canes!), but am having great difficulty watching it on the big screen - and no, not due to alcohol induced blurry eyed vision - but a blanket of fog that descended on the ground, making it impossible to watch the game. V annoying.

7.48pm. Am just going to drink wine, as is pointless trying to watch the telly.

8.07pm. Hmm, I think I prefer the pinot gris.

8.22pm. Toilets are unisex. Not sure if that's a good thing.

9.05pm. Hurricane's lost 19-12 (bugger). Drinks are on the lone Crusader supporter (excellent!).


Sunday 28 May

Alcohol units: 2 (good), Tim Tams: 4 (not good)

5.15pm. In kitchen. I am a domestic goddess! Move over Nigella. There's a new plump brunette cook in town! Have just put a rack of lamb (first piece of red meat I will have in months, if not this year) in fridge to marinate for a bit. I'm going to have artichoke lemon potato salad with it. Yum.

6.20pm. Erm. Only have marinated artichokes, wonder if that's okay?

6.30pm. Feel very 'cheffy', as I have just seared the lamb and am now roasting it. Smells heavenly. Even if I do feel a little guilty about eating a cute, white, fluffy baby lamb.

6.50pm. Lamb done. Am about to plate up (definitely sound like a chef now!).

6.51pm. Hmm, salad looks grey-ish. Must be the artichokes.

6.55pm. Tastes good!

7.17pm. All gone. Feel very full now.

7.19pm. Could do with a Tim Tam though.


Tart at 5:29 PM |

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Jo said........
ummmm tart.. i know those evil tim tams.... but whats a pod??? by the way... if you need to get those awful tim tams out of your house i will be happy to have them sent to me.... haha
 


At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Tim Tams are the best, I love the caramel ones! Yummo. Pods are these small bite size biscuit type things. The ones I like (Twix) have a biscuit base, caramel centre and chocolate on top. In the shape of a half circle. They're very moorish and I have been known to eat an entire box (40!) in one sitting. And it's no wonder I am chubby!!