Monday, June 19, 2006
It's 8.08pm Monday and I'm still hungover from Friday. Ugh.

I didn't intend on having such a big night, but four of us decided to have a few drinks, which turned into a few more, and then I got my second wind at about midnight, and didn't stop drinking until 7am, no, actually, I had a Bloody Mary for breakfast, so make that 9.30am.

We went to a bar and set ourselves up at a table that gave us a good view of the place (so we could check out the cute boys LOL). We did feel a little old in this pub though, because it seemed like every little 19 year old was out! It was easy to spot them, they all wear the same "uniform" - grey skintight jeans with either metallic flats or tucked into knee boots, teamed with a skimpy top and a belt. Boring. No imagination girls! Wouldn't hurt to pick up a Vogue now and again LOL.

They probably thought we were four old crones sitting in a booth bitching (we were) but gosh it was hilarious watching them dance. Though I did feel like I should've gone outside to see if the sign outside the bar said Skanks R Us, cos some of the girls were grinding to Sean Paul's Temperature in a very skanky way LOL.

One thing 'us' oldies have over those skinny grinding skanks? We can drink more and last longer! We ended up leaving at 7am, then tottling off to my friend Jo's for breakfast and Bloody Mary's.

I think it was the Bloody Mary that did me in. The whole of Saturday was a write-off. I stayed in bed all day and slept. Sunday I met up with friends for brunch and then came home to bed LOL.

Today I worked from home (and yes, that is a euphemism for pulling a sickie LOL). Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better. I hope so, I'm too old for this.

Tart at 8:41 PM |

4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Haha funny. Good on you. I am with you as I am 30. But i tell you what unlike the younger girls a night on the tiles now and i take a few days to recover.
 


At 9:16 PM, Blogger Speaka said........
Sounds like a good time!
 


At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I'm an oldie too (31). So glad you showed those baby look-a-likes how to party.

Although, I'm not sure I can out drink them. I'm a bit of a light wt. since the kids came along. I'll have to work on that.
 


At 2:43 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Jafa - yeah, the recovery time is definitely longer now. I guess the old liver ain't what she used to be.

Speaka - it was a good time! And an expensive one. Ouch. Hit the wallet just as hard LOL.

Ann - See! That's is why I am never having kids! They affect your drinking. I'm sorry, but I'm not having anything wrecking my drinking life LOL :P