Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Last night I cleaned out one of my junk drawers and discovered a few packets of photos that I hadn't got around to putting into albums (I'm saving that for the weekend! Wow. Excitement abounds!)

All these photos I took on my various travels around the world.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Kinkakuji (The Gold Pavillion), Kyoto, Japan
Three-storeys are covered in gold leaf. This is a stunning building and the surrounding gardens are so tranquil and peaceful. Perfect Japanese buddhist garden, on a clear day, the pavillion is reflected in the lake.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Floating Flower Market, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Seeing all the flowers always makes me start to hum "Tulips from Amsterdam" LOL.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Chinese Lantern Festival, Auckland, New Zealand
Peking Opera Performer. The costume and make up was so pretty. And she's talented too - dances on stilts!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Obidos, Portugal

My house in Portugal (it's the one with the two pots under the top floor window). It was a gorgeous house that I absolutely adored. The two gay flatmates I shared with had decorated it impeccably.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oeiras, Portugal
Tiled door and balconey, quite typical throughout Portugal. I came back from Portugal with kilo's of tiles. One day I'll find a use for them LOL.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Trevi Fountain, Rome
I some how managed to get this photo, with no people in it. Not an easy task, as there are always hundreds of people standing and sitting around this iconic Roman site. Incidently, a gorgeous shoe shop is opposite the fountain and I managed to buy several pairs of shoes there.

Aw man, all this just makes me want to get on a plane and get out of here.

Tart at 12:33 PM |

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
lovely pics. very impressed, esp w/ Pourtugal digs. what an interesting life you've had. kiss kiss

Rox
 


At 2:33 PM, Blogger Serendipity said........
Love the pics Tart.

So, are you finally going to take up "scrapbooking" *gasp* after all?

Hi Rox, write when you get a chance...missed you!
 


At 10:56 AM, Blogger Tart said........
A scrapbook? Are you insane? LOL. No, I'm just going to shove these photos into an album. I don't even write on them or label them. :D
 


At 4:12 PM, Blogger Jo said........
ok when you want to jet out to rome of somewhere let me know and i'm totally coming with you! what the heck do you do for a living that lets you do this?!?!?! and so you speak portugese? Oi!