Friday, June 16, 2006
Today at lunchtime, me and four other work colleagues went and gave blood. I haven't given blood for a long time, probably not since I was a teenager.

Now I remember why I haven't done it in such a long time.

They can't find my veins!

I'm veinless. Who knows what the hell carries my blood around my body, but it sure as shit ain't my veins LOL.

It took Alan (so sweet, so soft spoken) about 10 minutes to find a vein, he had to switch arms and finally found a vein (he had to mark it with a pen LOL). Then he put the needle in (I had to look away the entire time, as I was feeling a bit shaky). It wasn't too bad though. 15 minutes of your life which could save someone else's. The best bit though, was the tea and chocolate biscuits afterwards LOL.


No news from the Oprah Show producers. They probably took one look at my picture and said "oh, that's more of a face for radio" LOL.

Tart at 3:07 PM |

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Jo said........
i have trouble giving blood too.... i always get light headed... they have to lay me down.... we get soda pop, juice, cookies, and subway subs after we give.... haha.... thats a college for ya! YES! haha