Wednesday, August 09, 2006
I'm trying something new, I'm semi-liveblogging tonight's episode of Rockstar: Supernova. I quite enjoy this kind of reality show - more about talent and ability than sitting on an island somewhere, scheming and lying.

So, excuse the typos as I'm typing as I'm watching.

Okay, skipping over all the intro stuff and now straight into the performances.

Dilana - The Who, Won't Get Fooled Again

Nice intro from Gilby, I quite like him. He's rather dishy, in a middle-aged rocker way LOL. Dilana has a husky slight croaky voice. Very unique. Not quite sure if her voice works with this song. She's a bit subdued, I think her voice is too strong for it - not her best performance. Her red letter pants rock!

Judges - Dave liked it "that looked like a rock show". I think Dave really rates her. Gilby - "you're a star... after that, I have no doubt a woman can front our band". Which totally confirms for me, that I really don't think they'll pick a chick to front the band. So, they all liked it! It's obvious that I disagree a bit LOL.

Jill (aka poison dwarf) - Tracy Bonham, Mother, Mother

One word Jill. No! She's trying too hard to be "rock" - she's more like a karaoke Avril Lavigne. Awful. She's murdering this very cool song! God, she's all fucking flicking her hair. She's so bad... all hair, no voice.

Judges - Dave felt like he is watching "Carmela Soprano" LOL. Tommy "best performance so far", (oh Tommy, have the drugs addled your brain?). Jason mentioned that all the "moving around, you lost power of voice". Yep, agree with Jason there.

Ad break

Ryan Star - Rolling Stones, Paint it Black

One of my favourite songs, please don't murder it. What the fuck is this doofus wearing? Is that a wig? What a doofus LOL. Different arrangement, I think he's being too ambitious. Not impressed. Bland. Stop running around you dickhead. And that black paint around his eyes has done nothing for his squinty eye problem. Dude, get some glasses!

Judges - Dave "what the hell happened to you?", Tommy "interesting wow, I'm tripping...okay, that was dope". See kids, drugs will fuck your mind - just look at Tommy Lee! LOL

Storm Large - Queen, We are the Champions

Nice low start, I like her voice, though she is a bit "musical theatre" sometimes and needs to tonw down the overacting. Good performance.

Judges - Dave "difficult to do any Queen song justice, I think you did a great job", Jason "the arrangement was killer" and Tommy mentioned that he was "looking forward to you going bananas" LOL.

Ad break

Zayra - David Bowie, All the Young Dudes (with Magni on the guitar)

What the hell is she wearng? A gold lame, strapless cat suit, a huge top hat and drag queen shoes it seems LOL. God, she's got a great body, but she cannot fucking sing at all LOL. How can she fucking walk in those shoes? Terrible, terrible. I think she's off key and flat. Bad performance and I don't think the gold lame outfit is going to save her.

Judges - Dave "if this was rockstar planet pluto, you'd win like a landslide" (ah Dave, you crack me up!), Gilby was "digging your showmanship, but I think you need to watch the keys on the song" (yes, I was right about that LOL).

Josh Logan - Stone Temple Pilots, Interstate Love Song

Oh, Tommy's going to play drums on this one. Cool. I like Josh, he's the hotness this show so desperately needs. Unlike last year, when they had JD Fortune, this show is sorely lacking eye candy of the male kind. It's a good performance, but he needs to watch his "bobble head".

Judges - Dave "you did a good enough job", Jason "that's the song I've been waiting to hear from you - hadn't heard you sing on a rock song, great job".

Ad break

Oh, little Magni's baby with giant head phones on, so cute.

Brooke, blah blah.

Magni - Live, The Dolphin's Cry

Acoustic performance. I like his voice. He's quality people! Really good. Commanding. I think he did a great performance.

Judges - Dave "you're the first singer to stand up there by himself unaccompanied and deliver a songlike that, it was absolutely amazing". Couldn't agree more Dave, couldn't agree more.

Patrice Pike - John Lennon, Instart Karma

Average performance, a bit boring. Her hair is weird. Though I like that she plays guitar.

Judges - Dave "excellent song choice, I thought it was terrific", Gilby "really great to see you do something different, good performance", Tommy "well done baby, well done". Again, I disagree.

Lukas - Radiohead, Creep

Nooooooo! My favourite song... you better not murder it you hobbit! He tends to clench his teeth/jaw too much, and I think his voice suffers. However, he's doing a good job, vocals on key, strong... weird jerky movements not so good though LOL.

Judges - Tommy "can we get a hell yeah... got goosebumps", Dave "that was unbelievable", Gilby "definitely caught me off guard, great, great surprise", Jason "first time... that you used your gift properly and actually sang for us". Yep, I agree.

Toby Rand - Talking Heads, Burning Down the House

Oh, quite like this song, powerful rocky version, a tad 'pub band' though. He's rocking it... but the megaphone? Bit over the top mate. Could've just sang it normally.

Judges - Dave "great vocals, great performance, you had me all the way, until the megaphone, you don't need it" (Dave and I agree LOL).

So, out of tonights performances, I think the best was Magni, followed by Lukas.

Bottom three for me?

Jill
Zayra
Ryan

Will find out the actual bottom three after the ad break.

Bottom three at the end of the show?

Jill
Zayra
Patrice

Yeah, I actually agree with those.

Probably won't get to see the elimination show, as I'm out for dinner tomorrow. I wonder if they'll send Jill or Zayra home, I think Patrice has a bit more edge, more talent and a better voice than these two.

Tart at 8:58 PM |

1 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger Jo said........
o god of sex save me.... i am in dire need of a good shag..... i want sex i want sex i want sex! *screaming like a child and throwing a tantrum* I WANT SEX! tell me a story about sex so i can live vicariously..... i think thats spelled right..... :-(