Thursday, September 07, 2006
I'm not a particularly impulsive person, but sometimes I get urges to do something silly, out of the ordinary, spontaneous.

The other day I really wanted to go and get my hair cut off into a spikey crop, dye it platinum blonde and be a rock chick. I haven't had short hair in years, probably 6 or 7, and I remember how much a pain in the arse it was to upkeep. But I reckon a platinum spikey crop would rock. I was almost at the hairdressers LOL. But I know my hairdresser would've talked me out out of it.

I bumped into an old boyfriend I haven't seen since university and Politics 101, way back in 1992. He was with his wife and he introduced me to her. As I was smiling and saying hello, I had this urge to blurt out to her "your husband and I had sex in the university library, twice!". I clamped my mouth shut, just in case the words decided to come out.

Sometimes I give in to an urge. Like on Tuesday, on my way back from the library, I spotted this gorgeous cabinet in the window of a store. I went it, took a quick look and then bought it! Boom. Good bye $450. I didn't really need this cabinet. Still, it does look very cool in my lounge.

Also at the library, I had this urge to play around with the 'shelve by colour' section of the chick lit books. I've blogged about this before, but the city library likes to shelve its chick lit books not by author like rest of the library, oh no, but buy colour. So, I moved one book (I know, I'm such a rebel!). Take a look....






















See it? The pink book amongst all the baby blue covers? I did that LOL. And took a photo as evidence on my new camera phone. Wow. Talk about subversive behaviour.

In the past, these urges have resulted in me and my best friend flashing our boobs in a photo. Going topless at a beach in France (hey, everyone else was), getting a tattoo, moving to Portugal, booking a last minute holiday to Fiji and dragging my sister along with me, eating horse steak, eating sparrow, holding a cobra, dancing in the rain, flying from London to New York for a dirty weekend and not to mention the myriad of impulse buy items of clothing, shoes, bags etc LOL.


Sometimes I wish I could be more spontaneous. I do try, it's just not that easy trying to organise it into my schedule LOL.


Tart at 1:33 PM |

4 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Oh, to be spontaneous *sigh*
 


At 2:41 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
Tart, you've truly live your life. Now you can settle down and live a down doubles and with snotty nose to wipe.

:P
 


At 11:13 PM, Blogger Jan said........
Welll, maybe I just don't understand because of my poor English, but…
“Sometimes I wish I could be more spontaneous…” And what about all those “crazy” things you mentioned above? Is it not about spontaneity? I guess, this was just an irony expression but I am not sure. English is tricky. I like your blog for your thoughts above all and for its clarity as well so that I can understand almost everything and by “almost” I mean the thoughts between the lines for instance. Like an irony. Of course, I don't know what “spikey crop hair“ looks like, but that's not so important. Thank you.
 


At 2:44 PM, Blogger Girlie said........
Sometimes I wish I could be more spontaneous

Can't believe you said that...I feel and thought you're quite spontaneous already.