Wednesday, January 09, 2008
Well, that's Christmas and New Year over! So far 2008 has been fun. I'm still on holiday (don't go back to work until late January - yippee!) and have been keeping rather busy.

During my holiday, I have:

1. Taken 6 children (aged 3 to 11) to the movies
2. Donned a wetsuit (and looked like a beached whale LOL) and went boogie boarding
3. Slipped getting out of a bath and knocked my head , resulting in a huge egg on the back of it
4. Watched the BF get another tattoo (that's 4... he was ink-less when I met him LOL)
5. Eaten more BBQ steak in the past 3 weeks than I have during last year (my colon does not thank me for it)
6. Hogged the kids SingStar playstation game and had a blast (hel-lo, I'm a "Superstar"!)
7. Had a 5.5hr sex marathon with the BF (both of us were completely knackered the following morning LOL)
8. Developed an incredible obsessive crush on Jason Kerrison, the lead singer of OpShop, a kiwi band... that's him in the front of this picture


9. Shared a room with 3 kids for 5 days
10. Fended off an acquaintances amorous husband at a party
11. Helped the old man and his brothers polish off a bottle of Laophraig one balmy evening
12. Gained 1.5kg
13. Got a decent tan (though it is starting to fade a bit)
14. Caught up with an old friend I hadn't seen for over 6 years and got terribly drunk and had to call her husband and my BF to come get us (we'd gone for just "one quiet drink over lunch" to a fab winery and ended up getting absolutely rat-arsed drunk and unable to drive back into town LOL)
15. Spent nearly $150 on magazines (I am now completely up-to-date on current and next season's fashion trends, celeb gossip and delish summer recipes)
16. Inadvertently taught my 3 year old nephew bad words ("bloody hell" and "bugger")
17. Went sea kayaking with the BF and managed to do it without falling off once!
18. Took 4 kids rock climbing and completely sucked. The 5 year old was better than me (it's that whole no fear thing they have). The BF was, of course, a natural and clambered up that freakishly high wall like a bloody monkey
19. Backed the BFs car into my Dad's very flash new car (luckily, no damage to either car)
20. Laughed till I cried

Tart at 9:18 PM |

5 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Most impressive blog, It thrills that I can live vicariously through your life as I cant really remember much of what I do, except on the rare moments that I am sober and these really only happen a few times a year...

Keep it up. Cheers Jules
 


At 1:39 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Tart, there you are. I was really wondering where you've been lately!

Good to see ya and WOW to your list. That's a lot of stuff to do. Number 7 is really impressing!! LOL

Happy New Year!

Love, Sanna
 


At 10:31 AM, Blogger Shosh said........
Hey Tart, so nice to know you're still there. I figured you'd be out with your family for the holidays and then some.

That marathon sounds really great!
 


At 6:44 PM, Blogger Leslie said........
I'm with Sanna, I was wondering what you had been up to but I figured you were still having fun On Holiday. Should have known you'd provide us with an itemized list. I do hope #7 and #9 were mutually exclusive. :D I'm hoping #15 will result in several blog postings. We here on the Left Coast of the US need your observations to keep us in the stream.

Happy New Year

LJ
 


At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
you have the most fun on your holidays!

ALE