Friday, February 15, 2008
I got an invitation to a party today. An actual paper invite, sent in the mail. Like how rare is that? I hardly get personal letters in the post these days LOL.

Good friends of mine are having a party at Easter, it's a themed costume party *groan*, the theme is Best of British. Now I'm not a really a dress up/costume party kinda girl, but I've been thinking that the BF and I could go as a well-known British couple.

So far, I've come up with:

Posh and Becks


Alice and Hugo (The Vicar of Dibley)


Ronnie Barker and Ronnie Corbett (The Two Ronnies)

Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil


Lou and Andy (I'd be Andy!) from Little Britain



Diana and Charles (the engagement years)


Angie and Den (from Eastenders)

Lady Penelope and Parker (Thunderbirds)


Hmm, who else? Will have to keep thinking about this LOL. If I have to wear a costume then I want it to be a clever and cool one.


Tart at 11:20 PM |

5 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
I just can't stop myself from commenting...

I found your blog from a BB and read a couple entries. You're just such a different person than I am (I'm a boring stay at home mom), that I love hearing your stories. I'm so embarrassed to admit this, but after having read a few entries, I went back and pretty much read your entire blog from the start. (I have a one yr old who takes very long naps!) I promise I'm not some creepy stalker, just the curious, love-hearing-about-others type. Your blog is just as good as any book! I love it!

Anyway, thanks for letting me read! I have such a regular, simple life that it's been great fun to vicariously live through someone else's very different life!
 


At 9:14 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Hi Lizzy, thanks for commenting! My life isn't terribly exciting, it's kind of monotonous (work, gym, home, rinse and repeat).
 


At 11:22 AM, Blogger Shosh said........
Hey Tart...I think you should go as Posh Spice...except don't cut your hair short.
 


At 4:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
Lizzy, don't let her fool you, Tart's the coolest chick ever! I too am a stay at home mom and I frequently live vicariously through Tart.

Tart, go for the coolest dressed, IMHO. So my vote is Posh/Beckham. You know you're dying for BF to dress up like Becham!
Not to mention it's an excuse to go shopping for new clothes, clothes you'll actually wear again!
 


At 3:26 PM, Blogger Jules said........
Hey poptart,

I feel that you should go as Sid and Nancy... The costume wont cost much although it might take a while for the teasing to come out of your hair...A safety pin with the shank cut out and attached to your nose makes for good shock value and if anyone says that Nancy wasnt a Pom you can always say that you are way too wasted and do they want a fight...
Have a blast
Cheers Jules