Monday, January 28, 2008


Thanks for your kind comments about my audio post. I will somehow get the proper technology and figure out how to make like, one long audio post. Of course, I could use the BFs iMac (with all its pretty bells and whistles), but then I’d have to tell him why I wanted to use it, and then he’d want to read my blog, and then he’d dump me because of all my pathetic bitching LOL.

I saw Juno yesterday. I really liked it. It was sweet, quirky, funny and sad. I thought Ellen Page was super cute and fun. Loved the Dad (if only all father’s were this cool when finding out their 16 year old daughter is pregnant LOL). It’s a film that is difficult to categories. It’s not a chick flick, it’s not a romantic comedy, it’s not a drama – though it does contain elements of those. It isn’t the best movie I have ever seen, but it had heart and warmth and Michael Cera LOL. Go see it.

I bought some new sunglasses today. (I was actually looking for new shirts for the BF - more on that later). Aviator style, very stylish. Make me look like a fly! I have such a small face (even if it is a fat one) that most sunglasses end up looking like ski goggles LOL. These aren’t too bad, and hey, can’t complain 'cos they were like $30. Yes, I no longer buy expensive sunglasses, don’t see the point when I thrash sunglasses like you wouldn’t believe. Seriously, I go through 3-4 pairs. A. Year. No way I’m putting down $300 a pop for something I’ll only break/scratch in a few months.

I got the sunglasses for 50% off at the Kirkcaldie & Staines sale. Big sale that draws in the crowds. It’s mostly crap (though not my sunnies LOL), and I get annoyed because they bring in outside stock to sell. The stuff I have my eye on is NEVER included in the sale. It’s usually junky crappy shit you’ve never seen on the shelves. Stupid.

So, I went to Kirks looking for new business shirts for the BF. He needs them (well, maybe not need LOL) and because he’s not really much of a shopper (gasp) I thought I’d have a look for him. It was quite difficult actually, because the shirts I liked he would hate (“too gay”). I like the slim, tapered and fitted look. He doesn’t. He seems to think he’s an XL when he’s really an M. I didn’t buy anything, but I’m thinking I might drag him along to Rixon Groove and get him some tailor made shirts.

Anyone know any decent hotels in San Francisco? Looking for a clean, cheap, safe place to stay that’s not MILES away from downtown. Prefer something “boutique” but willing to look at a generic “big name” hotel if the price/location is right.

Oohh, someone else who likes lists too LOL.

There’s some good telly coming to NZ soon – new stuff like Dirty Sexy Money, Pushing Daisies, and return of faves such as Ugly Betty, Prison Break, House, Boston Legal. I’m not a fan of Lost or Grey’s Anatomy (Lost lost me after the first series and with GA I loathe the whiny thin lank haired moron Meredith, McDreamy is nothing compared to Isaiah Washington and Izzy/George/Callie thing just doesn’t work – umm, isn’t she like, supposed to be mourning Denny?).

The BF and I are thinking of re-introducing $30 Thursday. This was something fun we did for awhile last year. A date every Thursday that only costs $30. Two options for this week:

  • Kayak around harbour followed by BBQ on beach
  • Dinner at Satay Kampong, followed by walk around Oriental Parade


Hmm, can you guess which one is my choice? It's something I'm keen for us to do again, otherwise it's really easy for us to go the week without actually seeing/talking to each other.


It’s the NZI Sevens this weekend. Which basically translates to large groups of people in costumes, consuming large amounts of alcohol and watching very little rugby. I got a ticket for Friday’s games. I will NOT be wearing a costume. Remember last year's Borat's? Ugh.

Gratuitous David Beckham photos, because I can...



You know what I hate? Unmade beds. How lazy can people be, that they can't make a bed after they get up. It takes, what, all of 2 minutes? Just really bothers me. It's the first thing I do when I get up (after shoving the BF out of it LOL).


I'm surrounded by babies at the moment (thankfully not mine!). Three friends have had their baby's in the last week (2 girls, 1 boy), another is due anyday now, another due in June. It's a freaking epidemic (glad it's not contagious).


Tart at 9:51 PM |

1 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Shosh said........
Amen! about making beds. It's not that hard you know. Freaking lazy..or not trained right.