Thursday, January 17, 2008
A couple of years ago, the boyfriend injured his knee (I moaned about playing nurse here). On Friday, he injured it again, this time he's wrecked his ACL. It's pretty serious, his doc thinks he may need reconstructive surgery. Unfortunately, I have very little patience at the moment and he is driving me bloody batty! Honestly, you'd think he had his fucking leg amputated, all the bitching and moaning.... the constant playing of Death Cab For Cutie and Arcade Fire is also getting tiring and repetitive.

This morning I'd reached my limit, so volunteered to get coffee and scones from our local cafe (I'm still on holiday), so I could have some time alone. I should've only taken 10 minutes (the cafe is a 2 minute walk away), but ended up taking nearly 2 hours because I decided to sit and drink my coffee in the sun and got sucked into reading a "ten beauty must haves" article in Vogue Australia. (I lost my make up bag in November and haven't really managed to replace all those lovely goodies I had in there). Needless to say, Mr Droopy Draws Grumpy Bum wasn't impressed I took that long LOL.

I guess patience is a virtue and I really should try harder to be patient with him. I know he's frustrated about not being mobile, but still. He's being such a freaking Drama Queen. I thought he realised that the role of Drama Queen was mine in this relationship? LOL.

I will try and be nicer to him... good thing is that I'm back to work on Tuesday so only 4 more days of this to go.

Tart at 6:40 PM |

3 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Okay, this is some advice from a person, who just injured her knee ten days ago.

It freakin hurts and I too hated being not mobile.

Please be patient and give him all the love you can. It's a f***ing bad injury!

Good luck! Sanna
 


At 7:36 AM, Blogger Shoshana said........
Tart, I'm with you on this one. Hubby is coughing, coughing, coughing, and I think I'm fresh out of patience. Good think I didn't become a nurse.
 


At 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
It's "anonymous" again. My DH had knee reconstructive surgery three years ago after he blew it skiiing. Taking care of him was the WORST experience. He was in such pain after surgery he couldn't get up out of bed to go to the bathroom. So he peed in an old cranberry juice bottle. It was disgusting and I had to wash it out. One day I came home from work, bottle was full of his pee (blech!), I dumped it out and gave it back to him and he said, "You didn't rinse it out good enough!" We ended up getting in a good-sized fight, him telling me I don't take as good care of him as his mothr....lol... My advice? Get someone else to take care of him!--the editor from America