Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Her name is Cranky. Middle name Bitch.

Oh, I am feeling crap today. I've actually had a headache that's lasted for 3 days, I've taken more painkillers than Britney Spears after a custody hearing. Nothing seems to work. I blame this detox diet I'm on.

I'm going through withdrawals LOL. My body is freaking out over the lack of caffeine, sugar and alcohol, meat, dairy and basically anything resembling cake. It seems to be effecting me (affecting me? grammar gurus please help - I know affect is the verb and effect is the noun but can't remember when to use which LOL) more than my boyfriend. He seems fine. No withdrawals. Nothing. Of course, that makes me even crankier and bitchier, because if I have to suffer these horrendous headaches then I'm going to bitch and moan about them to him so HE feels like he has one LOL.

I'm also cranky because work is really busy, I've had to cover a colleagues absense for three weeks on top of my own work. Plus a big event this weekend means I'm out of the office for 5 days and the work is piling up. Argh. I wish I wasn't so conscientous and reliable. I'd love to be able to just blow off my work LOL.

Tart at 8:32 PM |

3 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
Hey Tart,
I did the Next magazine 7 day detox from the January Issue 2008.
Day two was the worst. Headaches, tiredness and generally feeling like shit. I'd like to say that after the detox I felt alive and energised. To tell you the truth I just felt normal again. I didn't last 7 days maybe only 4 days max. I ended up going to a old friends house for dinner on day 4. Which lead to a lamb rack for dinner and down the road for chocolate cake for our dessert.
I dreamt about toast while on the detox and in my dream everyone was eating Toast.
Anyhow cut down on the wheat though as too much of that is no good.
Well always good to read your blog and catch up on your news.
Cheers
JAFA
 


At 12:42 PM, Blogger Lizzy said........
I'm sorry to hear about your headache! Sometimes drinking water by the gallons can help (if you don't already drink a ton of water during the day). I sound like my mom giving out advice...

And I'm all about sharing my bad moods. Misery loves company, right?

P.S. This is the same Lizzy as before, I've just now found the guts to post my real identity LOL. It can be scary!
 


At 10:52 AM, Blogger Shosh said........
I remember hearing someone said that if you need the work done, give it to the busiest, reliable person. I guess that's you!

Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy.