Monday, February 18, 2008
I've got lots of stuff whizzing around my head at the moment, I can't seem to switch off. Even when I talk/rant to friends and the boyfriend about it, I still can't turn the brain down.

I think I'm lacking the romance gene. Which is weird, I love a good romantic book and quite like a romantic movie, but romance in real life seems to leave me cold. I guess I'm too cynical. One of the girls at work got engaged over the weekend, and while I was happy for her, when she was explaining how her fiance proposed, I didn't sigh and go all dopey and talk about how romantic it was like all the others in the office did. I thought the way he proposed was a bit over the top. But hey, it was their moment, so whatever floats your boat. I've actually been proposed to three times. Okay one didn't count because it was my friends 4 year old son LOL. One even came with a lovely diamond ring. Unfortunately, the ring and proposal came from a man, who even though I'd been with for 5 years, was proposing as an ultimatum and trying to save what had become a toxic relationship. The other proposal was drunken 3am rambling, which I promptly ignored LOL.

My boyfriend is back from Sydney, which is great. I'd made a drunken phone call to him while he was in Sydney (v embarrassing LOL) and apparently he'd told me that he'd be home late on Saturday. Well, obviously I was drunk so didn't remember and so had the crap scared out of me at about 12.30pm on Saturday when I got home from a friends house and found a strange man in my bed! (I didn't have my contacts in LOL).

I think my eye colour has changed. Is that normal? I had hazel eyes, as a kid they were really amber/hazel but the other day I noticed they golden flecks have all but gone and left me with green eyes. Weird. I like the green, but all my life I've had sort of hazel eyes so now it's just a tad odd.

I've got this incredible craving for cake. I want a dark, moist and scrummy chocolate cake smothered in rich, smooth butter icing. I really want it. I can't stop thinking about it and I know I'm going to obsess about it until I can have one. Which won't be for a week because the BF and I have started this detox. No wheat, dairy, meat (including chicken and fish), no booze, no starchy stuff like pasta and potatoes. You eat quite a bit of food, which is good. Though I have to have lots of healthy snacks in the house because the BF doesn't think all the rabbit food will fil him up. Obviously cake is not allowed. I am going to be jonesing for this bloody cake for a week, I just know it!

Tart at 9:07 PM |

3 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger Shosh said........
I stumble into this most sinfully delicious cake ever. It came by the name of Linda's Chocolate Fudge cake. The name doesn't inspire something yummy with me, but my daughter and her friend ordered it for dessert at Cheesecake Factory...I took a little bite, and barely stop myself my diving into that plate face-first...it's so, so, so good!
 


At 4:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
I won't tell you (again) about the birthday cake I made.

That detox sounds intriguing (if not a bit scary) what can you eat?

Have a wonderful week Tart!
 


At 8:48 PM, Blogger Tart said........
The detox basically relies on lots of vegetables (leafy green ones) and fruit. Protein in the form of pulses and beans. Some tofu (which I can't have due to thyroid probs, but I have managed to get the BF to eat it and... he liked it!)

For dinner tonight I made these really tasty falafels (baked, not fried) and served it up with hummus, beetroot dip and a salad. It was tasty and filling.