Wednesday, June 03, 2009
I love Cheese. I've loved it for a long time. But not all kinds of cheese (can't eat any blue vein) but if it's stinky, pongy and ripe, I'm all over it. When I used to go to France on holiday, I would eat my own weight in the stuff - all that un-pasteurised stinky Gallic goodness. When I lived in London, I would visit Neal's Yard Dairy every week, they knew me by first name and I practically had frequent buyer points. I'm just drooling now thinking about all those fantastic cheeses... Stinking Bishop, Lincolnshire Poacher, Wensleydale.

Over the weekend, I bought this very nice sheep's milk washed rind soft cheese made by a Hawke's Bay cheesemaker. It smelt like cat pee combined with toe jams but tasted so lovely, especially smeared over a cracker. One good thing about liking stinky cheese, is that I don't have to share it with many people. The smell of it usually puts them off.

In completely non-Cheese related matters (but keeping to the food theme), my latest batch of chocolate cupcakes aren't that nice. I tried a new recipe and they're very dense and slightly dry. I think I'll stick to the Martha Stewart one that is really nice. I'll take this lot of cupcakes to work, colleagues are not that fussy LOL.

A couple of other random things, I wish BNZ hadn't used Tiki Taane's Always on my Mind as the song in their new ad. I quite liked that song and album and now I can see I'm going to get sick of it. Also, in that new Telecom XT ad, the one with the short guy from Top Gear, they put Zoe Bell in that shipping container and drop her off in the ocean. How on earth did she get out of the container? The doors aren't open and it hasn't sunk, so how did she get out? Or am I being too pedantic about that?

I'm debating over whether or not to go see Terminator: Salvation

Pros: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington (who I've liked since I saw him in that Australian TV series Love My Way)























Cons: Poor reviews

Maybe I'll wait until it's on DVD.

Tart at 10:53 PM |

1 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger webweaver said........
No you're not being too pedantic - I wondered how she got out of the container too...

I also wondered what was the point of putting her in there in the first place! Why didn't they just put her on a ship and sail her out there and see if she could still get coverage?

I reckon the point of the ad is to imply that even if you're inside a shipping container flying over the country and getting dropped into the ocean you can still get coverage - except of course that doesn't happen - she doesn't try to make the call until she (miraculously) gets out of the container...

Yeah OK I'm completely over-pedantic as well...

But I do love that sweet little piggy ad and I could never get sick of "Always on my mind" - Tiki's voice is so beautiful :)