Sunday, January 17, 2010
It has been such crap weather the past few days that I decided I needed cheering up. So I baked some chocolate cupcakes.

These are fantastic cupcakes, I can't remember where I got the recipe (somewhere from the internet) but these are really moist, not crumbly and so choco-lovely! I get many compliments on these (and many requests to make them, in fact, have an "order" for next week, for my friends son's 2nd birthday party).






They're easy to make and because I like to spread the love, below is the recipe.

Chocolate Cupcakes

¾ c cocoa
1 ½ c plain flour
1 ½ c suga
1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
2 eggs
¾ c warm water
¾ c milk
3 tablespoons safflower oil (or canola)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence

Heat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line muffin trays with paper patty cups.

In one large bowl, sift cocoa, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

Add eggs, warm water, milk, oil and vanilla essence.

Mix until smooth.

Fill patty cups (not quite to the top) and bake for about 15 minutes.

Cool on wire rack and then ice with chocolate butter icing.

Scoff.

Should make about 18 medium-sized cupcakes.

Tart at 7:45 PM |

2 Comments:

At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Jceephotogirl said........
I just made your chocolate cupcakes and they are yummy. You get loads of them as well.
Filled all my tins.
Which is lucky as I now got so many i can let a few of them go.
 


At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Poptart said........
Awesome, they really are nice. They stay moist and don't dry out or go stale very quickly (a pet peeve of mine). My next baking attempt will be vanilla cupcakes