Sunday, January 10, 2010
Hello. Tap. Tap. Is this thing on? Hi.

I'm back, not sure if anyone even realised I was gone LOL.

I'm on holiday at the moment, I was in Vietnam/Cambodia for all of December and had a great time (apart from the 5 days in hospital in Cambodia).











































































Highlights of the trip were:
  • wandering around the quaint, quiet streets of Hoi An
  • getting two gorgeous dresses, two jackets, two leather bags and two pairs of shoes made for $250
  • catching up with awesome friends in Phnom Penh and their incredible hospitality
  • doing a cooking class in Hoi An
  • jumping on the back of motorcycle taxis and zooming around Ho Chi Minh City
  • air conditioning
  • amazing food (I kid you not, not one dud meal the entire time)
Some lowlights of the trip were:

  • spending 5 days in hospital in Cambodia
  • losing my camera in Ho Chi Minh City
  • constantly getting ripped off in HCMC (exaggerated tourist prices in the markets were the worst)
  • leaving my make up bag and other stuff on the plane
Once back in NZ, my sweet new man picked me up and whisked me away for a week at the beach at his parents beach house. I had thought it was going to be relaxing and quiet, but after one day together, we had visitors for the remainder of our time there. For 3 days we had 28 people stay! Thankfully, the house was large enough to cope with the numbers. Actually, the beach house was amazing, gorgeous views, great furniture and art work. But also very comfortable (so I didn't feel so bad when I tracked in sand or put my feet on the sofas).

We came back from the beach yesterday and spent today just mooching around Auckland and catching up with some friends. Tomorrow I'm flying back to Wellington. Can't wait to get home. Hopefully Wellington weather will be good. I've got a week hanging around before I get back to work on Jan 18. It's not going to be easy, sitting behind a desk for 8 hours after I haven't been working for over 6 weeks.

Ugh. And now I just imagined the number of emails I'll have.


Tart at 10:57 PM |

2 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Are you kidding? I totally missed you and it's good to have you back. So that new man is a winner, huh? Any chance to see pics? *hint, hint*

Love and hugs, Sanna
 


At 3:36 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
Five days in the hospital? Are you kidding? Yikes.

Everything else sounds great. The pictures are so pretty. And, seriously, I still can't get that blue table out of my head (from your fb pics). I love distressed furniture. I keep looking at my boring kitchen table now and wondering if I could get away with painting it like that LOL...