Wednesday, August 26, 2009
I'm currently watching "Sixteen Candles" on TV.

I'm a huge John Hughes fan (so sad to hear about his recent death) and have probably seen "Sixteen Candles" about 30 times. I love Jake Ryan. Didn't every girl wish for a Jake Ryan?

Watching this movie made me think of all the other movies I think are classics and love to watch again. Not a huge list. Quite a few John Hughes films feature too.

1. Grease
2. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
3. Best in Show
4. 10 Things I Hate About You
5. Some Kind of Wonderful
6. Say Anything
7. Dirty Dancing
8. Fargo
9. The Shawshank Redemption
10. Clueless
11. The Princess Bride
12. Bull Durham

You'll notice that not many of these films are dramatic types of films. Although I enjoy a lot of dramatic, dark films, they're not necessarily the type of films I want to watch again and again.

Right, back to Jake Ryan. Sigh.

Tart at 9:14 PM |

1 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Lizzy said........
Jake Ryan? He's a senior. And he's taken. I mean REALLY taken.

I love that movie. That and dirty dancing were two of my very favorites growing up. Along with Empire Records. Can't count the number of times I watched those three.

I love Best in Show. My husband used Best in Show and This is Spinal Tap as tester movies on me when we started dating LOL. Just to see if I was worth the effort LOL.

You've got a good list. I'm going to have to break out some of these classics!