Wednesday, February 22, 2006
I'm not really into winter sports, so I haven't been watching the Winter Olympic Games in Torino (um, since when has Turin been known as Torino? Probably a marketing ploy to make it sound more Italian LOL).

But last night, after I came home from seeing No. 2 (sweet film, it won the Audience Award at Sundance this year - quirky kiwi drama/comedy), I flicked on the TV and watched a bit of the Ice Dancing.

And oh. Words cannot describe the monstrosities that assaulted my eyes.

What is up with the FUGLY costumes?

The commentators were talking about how some of the competitors had fallen or made mistakes and therefore their scores had deductions, but I'd like to see the judges deduct points off for crimes against fashion. These costumes below are the worst offenders.


Tartan? Tartan? Oh, I get it. They must be the British pair.

Never have butterflies looked uglier.

When you think of Italian fashion you think style and class. Well this Italian pair are here to prove you wrong! You've got burgundy velvet, pale blue chiffon and gold sequins. And, although this picture doesn't show it too well, you have a gold sequinned headband on the woman.
Yeah, Italian style is great.

I have no words. Honestly. Nothing I can say can convey how horrific this is.


Sing along now people..."come on, let me see you shake your tail feather". What on fug is that blue thing coming out of her arse? And the leopard print? I feel a little queasy.

Why is it that figure skating competitors have such ugly costumes? Why can't they wear simple, plain but stylish attire? I understand it's all part of their "theme" but surely their "theme" can be classy and not use fabrics such as velvet or tartan.

And don't get my started on the boots. I think a call to Mr Blahnik is in order.

[Photos: Torino 2006]


Tart at 11:36 AM |

1 Comments:

At 12:01 AM, Blogger Harlot said........
OMG This is so funny! Bawdy told me about all the horrors and it almost killed me. Laughing too much makes one cannot breathe. LOL Thanks, Tart!