Friday, February 03, 2006
The Wellington Axa International Sevens tournament starts today.

Sevens is seven-a-side rugby game. Each game is only 20 minutes (I think) long, ten minutes per half. It's a fast paced, running game and hugely entertaining to watch. This tournament is held over two days and comprises of teams from Argentina, USA, South Africa, England, Kenya, Canada, Australia, Samoa, Scotland, Tonga, France and New Zealand (I'm missing a few...).

I've been to Seven's tournaments all over the world (oh-er, get me LOL). I've been to Japan, Hong Kong (twice), London (twice), Paris (twice) and of course, Wellington.

The Wellington Sevens is a big event. Massive crowds, in particular large groups of people dressed up in costumes. It's a huge fun party! I usually spend more time people watching and checking out hot guys (both on and off the pitch) than I do watching the rugby. The atmosphere and the crowd is energetic (aided I'm sure by the alcohol available).

But this year will be the first time in four years I won't be going. I did have tickets, but I gave them to a friend (reasons why are long and boring LOL). I will however, catch up with friends/family after for drinks at numerous bars along Courtenay Place.

I expect the liver to take a bit of punishing this weekend. Ah, fun times.

Tart at 12:04 PM |

0 Comments: