Monday, February 20, 2006
Have you ever had a day or days where everything is just so wonderful, just so great that you take a mental snapshot and hope the memory is one you remember always?

Well, that was my weekend.

I went to a wedding this weekend, a dear friend that I've known since the first day of university when we sat next to each other in Introduction to Politics 110.

The wedding took place in this wonderful restored lodge in a quiet cove, only accessible by water taxi. It's set in pristine forest with incredible views over the water. Simply stunning. I was there with three of my closest girlfriends, and we stayed on a boat that was moored off the pier. Talk about an idyllic setting. And the boat. Oh wow. Sleek and modern (I had to admit, when my girlfriend said she'd booked us to stay on a boat, I had visions of some rusty old tug LOL). But this was lovely and quite roomy too. There were about 12 of us in total staying on the boat, all wedding guests.

The wedding day itself was picture postcard perfect. Sunny blue skies, no clouds and a soft breeze. The wedding was held outside in the gardens of the lodge, it was quite a big wedding with probably over 300 guests invited but it still managed to feel like a small and intimate ceremony. The bride walked down the aisle on her own in a dress that was strapless, fitted and showed off her curves. It reminded me of an Azzedine Alaia designed dress, sexy and stylish but not slutty LOL. No bridesmaids or flower girls (I think anyone over the age of 25 should not have bridesmaids, nothing as tragic as a group of 30 year old women in pale pink chiffon LOL). The groom looked tanned and handsome and slightly nervous.

The reception was a lot of fun, the best food and wine on offer and I got to sit at a great table with really interesting people. I've been to a few weddings over the last 3 years (I am the last in my group of high school and university friends who is not engaged or married LOL) and this wedding had the best music by far. We danced the night away, with me and my three girlfriends not leaving the marquee until about 4am where we had stayed dancing and drinking with the bride's father, the groom's father and brother and a few other hardened party-goers.

The girls and I went back to our boat (after pilfering a few bottles of champagne) and sat on deck, drinking and talking and watched the sun rise over the water. It sounds cliched and trite, but it really was breathtaking and quite special. At about 7.30am, Erin (one of my girlfriends) decided that we needed to wake ourselves up by going swimming off the boat. So we shimmied into togs and did dive bombs off the side of the boat into the rather cold water LOL. It was certainly really relaxing to float on the water, looking at the sky and hearing nothing but the waves (and the occasional laugh or giggle from the girls).

I had to leave by about 10.00am to catch my flight back, I would've liked to have stayed for the rest of the day as it was a glorious day to be out on the water (and not to mention to get some sleep). The BF picked me up from the airport and instead of taking me home, drove us straight to the beach where he went surfing and skin diving and I prompty fell asleep LOL. I managed to get about a two hour kip before my stomach woke me (it felt like eating sushi apparently) and the BF and I went into town, where he uttered those three little words a girl like me loves to hear... "let's go shopping". Oh be still my heart.

I ended up buying wine glasses and more of this miracle rosehip oil from Trilogy that I adore. It's not often that I rave about cosmetics or skincare, but this stuff is amazing. I've been using it since Christmas and have really noticed a difference in my skin, no lines or wrinkles (but then my fat face tends to fill those in LOL) and its smoother, firmer and more hydrated. Have I sold you on it? Good. Go buy it. The BF bought clothes mostly (and succumbed to my ever so helpful style tips LOL).

After our shopping excursion we grabbed some takeaways and went back to the beach to eat them and watch a lone surfer.

Then it was back to my place for some wild monkey lovin'...okay, that's a lie. I fell asleep on the couch while watching a BBC version of The Canterbury Tales: The Wife of Bath even the promise of top tottie Paul Nicholls couldn't keep my eyes open.

So yeah. I'd have to say that this weekend was a pretty bloody good one.


**Disclaimer: I'm liable to change my mind as the year progresses.

Tart at 5:21 PM |

0 Comments: