Tuesday, December 19, 2006
I've got no motivation to do anywork today, or for the rest of the week.
It seems like everyone else is on holiday mode, I'm watching people from my office window enjoying the harbour and sun and sea views, while I sit here and think about what I will be doing over the Christmas/New Year period.

Such as...

Eating/drinking at:

Sileni Estate - A fantastic winery in Hawkes Bay

















Craggy Range - Another award winning winery in Hawkes Bay














Hanging out at the beach:

Waimarama - "My" beach since I was in nappies

















And the sights of the roadtrip we'll be taking:

Anaura Bay and Tolaga Bay


















Ohope Beach

















[Source, Source, Source, Source]

Roll on Friday!

Tart at 1:39 PM |

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Blogger Jo said........
I am insanely jealous... Wish Minnesota had beaches that looked like that.... Anywho... I have a question for you... I tried to make pavlova the other day... It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped... kinda like lucky charms... hehe.. got any tips or super yummy recipes that don't suck when I make them??
 


At 1:03 PM, Blogger Tart said........
I've never made a pavlova! I actually don't like them LOL.

But my friend makes one that people rave over and she so kindly supplied the recipe.

PAVLOVA RECIPE

(Take eggs out of fridge 24 hours prior to making pav)

4 egg whites
1 cup sugar
Splash of Vanilla
1 teaspoon Vinegar


Turn oven on to 160 degrees (this is celsius, not sure what it is in Fahrenheit).

Prepare oven tray – cover with a sheet of cooking paper.

Beat egg whites until very, very stiff. Gradually add sugar, beating all the time. Beat another 5 minutes when all sugar is in. Add vanilla and vinegar – stir in.

Sprinkle water lightly over cooking paper. Tip beaten mixture onto paper. Shape into desired size.

Bake ¼ hour at 160 degrees. Then ¾ hour at 120 degrees. Then turn oven off and leave pav in oven for ½ hour. Open oven door after ¼ hour. Take pav out of oven and remove paper immediately.

Can be made the day before it is needed. Keep in fridge.
 


At 7:07 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Tart, these photos look great. I am so jealous as I will spend the holidays with my family (parents, brothers, in-laws...etc.). This is nice, but after three days of sitting, talking, eating and drinking you really have to work out.

I wish I could see a beach!

Sanna
 


At 3:01 PM, Blogger Tart said........
Sanna, that's the best thing about this time of year, the eating, drinking and catching up! Plenty of time to exercise and watch what you eat in the New Year (that's way I'm telling myself this year anyway LOL).