Thursday, December 21, 2006
I've been discussing accents with a friend this week. In particular, how certain accents are sexy.

I like British accents, though not all British accents appeal (can't say I like a Scouse accent or a Geordie one but that's because I can't actually understand what they're saying LOL). But a Hugh Grant or Daniel Craig kind of accent and I'm all a quiver.

I once went out with an Irishman and I loved his accent (and his ability to hold his booze LOL). He could charm the knickers off me just by saying a few words LOL.

I also had a mad crush on a French flatmate when I lived in London. The way he said my name was so sexy and alluring, though he could've just said the capital cities of Europe and I'd have been just as enamoured.

I also love Italian/Spanish/Portuguese accents.

I don't think I have a very "thick" New Zealand accent (no Lyn of Tawa here) but it is a noticeable accent. (If you want to hear a voice that is a "kiwi" voice, click here, check out New Zealand Two and you'll hear something to similar to my voice).

When I lived overseas people thought I was Australian (so much for thinking I had a smooth dulcet tone of voice LOL). Or they'd think I'd be asking for a "pin", when I was wanting a "pen". Though after years of travelling and living abroad, I did return home with a different accent (my sister said I sounded posh LOL).

Tart at 2:28 PM |

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
I've wondered what your accent sounded like. I could listen to you talk all day too. LOL.

I'm such an accent whore. LOL
 


At 1:09 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
It sounds great.

Funny thing about me is, that people always expect me to have a 'German' accent when speaking English. Viea broke down when she heard my poshy British voice over the phone LOL. Must have been the time I went to school in Brighton.

Sanna
 


At 5:33 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
I was so good at adopting accent, one time, people thought I grow up in London. Ha ha ha.

It's all about listing to NPR.

Then I have my very own Asian accent. I'd rather sound like an Aussie, really!

When I came back to Philippines, people thought I have American accent. Geez, I hope not Texan! Much as I love Texas.