Thursday, May 10, 2007
I've been bloody slack about posting on this blog lately, posts have been rather sparse. I just can't seem to find anything to blog about.

Not even Paris Hilton going to jail, Ali Williams being sent home from South Africa or all the fugly clothes being worn at the Costume Institute Gala (did you see Kristin Dunst? Oh boy that was pretty bad) seemed to prompt me to write anything interesting.

So I'll write about the one thing I know best.

Me!

It's not widely known that I wanted to be an actor and a director. Seriously. At high school, I spent three summers at the National Youth Drama School (back with it was first set up and at Taradale High School LOL) being tutored by the likes of Bruno Lawrence, Jennifer Ward-Leland, Michael Hurst, Richard Campion (film director Jane's dad), Cliff Curtis, Alan Duff, Jim Moriarty, Miranda Harcourt, Colin McColl (those outside of NZ and/or not into theatre will have no idea who these people are LOL). I did drama at school and acted in every school play and production. I did theatresports and improv. I also belonged to a local theatre company and did several shows with them, helped out backstage etc.

I graduated university with a double major in Theatre and Film and Politics (the two go very well together as politicans are good actors LOL). I even thought about auditioning for Drama School here in Wellington, but decided I was too young at 22 and needed more life experience.

Well, ten years later I've had lots of life experience and very little has been in theatre or film! I used to know the back of Bats and Downstage like I knew my own face, now I can't remember the last time I saw a play.

I think I'm going to remedy that this month though, my old tutor, Jim Moriarty is playing Othello in the new Downstage production and I might take myself along to watch.

Tart at 4:06 PM |

2 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
Tart, why not auditioned too? I mean, now you're experience, and all that stuff.

Besides, trying won't hurt, or would it?

I haven't seen any play in forever!
 


At 5:15 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
BTW, which of the books you've read you recommend the most? Say just five...