Thursday, April 19, 2007
After meeting the BF for lunch today, I strolled along Lambton Quay, checking out the numerous shoe stores.

I'm looking for new winter boots. I admit, I've already got several pairs of boots, but one pair is coming to the end of their life span, another has a stiletto heel so high and a toe so pointy, I can barely walk in them for more than two hours and the other two pairs are ankle boots and I'm looking for a new mid-calf to knee length boot, so therefore, new boots are needed. I'm looking for a flat, wedge or low heeled pair - not too pointy toe. Something comfortable that I can wear all day.

And thus begins my fruitless and frustrating quest. To find a pair of boots that fit my rather chunky legs! (And that are not ugly, have you seen some of those fugly slouchy numbers? Or worse, the ones with a fold down bit at the top that just scream "Puss'n Boots"! LOL).

Most of the boots out at the moment will not zip up my calf, I swear they're made for women with legs as thin as a 10 year olds arms! I swear, even my arms wouldn't even fit them LOL.

I've seen a couple of pairs of boots which say "wide calf fit" on the tag, but it's the price under the tag that's prohibitive - $499 for some! They were nice those $499 boots, but at the moment, I can't justify spending that much.

Which is a shame, because my fat calves deserve to be encased in some nice leather this winter LOL.

Tart at 8:35 PM |

3 Comments:

At 3:59 AM, Blogger Girlie said........
Hi Tart..

I have a cousin with same thing...calves...she found a nice Anne Klein leather boots that's 2 inches, and it was rather nice shoes...no slouches or folds on it either.
 


At 2:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said........
I have no comment on boots but I just have to say you crack me up!
 


At 5:58 AM, Blogger Sanna said........
Lanie, I have the same problem with boots. Finally, after years of research, I found Evans in London. They have lots of extra wide shaft boots, which fit perfectly. Prices are okay. They have a website and you can order online, but as we are in the middle of spring in Europe, there are only some sale pairs left. You should have a look anyway.

Good luck! Sanna